janeygee

Thumbs up Haddifin,Headifen,Hadifont Irish ancestors

HI Everyone

I am back on forum after a long absence I have restarted my family tree where i left off uncomplete and would appreciate any help or ideas where i might find more info on these elusive Irish rellies who settled in Barony parish of Glasgow.I have some info on some of them who emigrated to USA and other parts of Scotland,
    I would love to find death info on the older parents and any siblings,here is the list from 1841 Census

Peter Haddifin born 1754 Ireland age 87yrs occ,Weaver Res Gibsons Lane St Stephenss Parish
    Agnes ** spouse born 1766 ** age 75yrs
    William ** son born 1801 ** age 40yrs occ Power Loom Dresser
    RoseAnn(Agnes) wife born 1807 Ireland age 34yrs ( M/S Wright)
    John Haddifin son born 1826-31 Lanark age 10yrs Scholar
    Margaret ** daughter born 1835 ** age 6yrs
    Agnes ** daughter born 1838 ** age 3yrs

Siblings
    Edward Haddifin born Ireland 1790 occ Weaver married Rebekah McMillan 15June,1825 Barony Parish
    James ** born Ireland 1792 occ Cotton Dresser married Isabella Baxter 1 June 1825 Barony Parish
    Peter ** born Ireland 1804 occ Blacksmith married Helen Fitzimmons 26January 1834 Barony

I have some info on the children born to above siblings, any help to find the originals in Glasgow Lanark
    greatly appreciated,thank you

Kind regards
    Janey

If you check the 1851 for Headifen, you will find quite a few of them.
    Not Peter snr, though.

janeygee

Thanks Lesley

I have found this family on a few census records and correct the Peter Sr and spouse Agnes are not on the 1851 so I assumed they had died however I can find no trace of their death on the sites I checked,other family members are there and I found the ones who came over here to USA but I would love to find what happened to the parents. I have just got a subscription to FMP so I will try to see if they can find this elusive ancestor,,,will keep ya posted on any progress,,

Kind regards
    Janey

Have you looked for death certificates?

janeygee

HI Lesley

No I have n't got a clue where to look for any death certs,,I've been on FMP but they have no info on the older paremts Peter and
    Agnes than what I already have.Any idea where I might look for them,? thanks a bunch.

Kind regards
    Janey

Knowledgeable and helpful

Statutory death registration didn’t start in Scotland till 1855 so if Peter Sr and Agnes died before that there may be no record.

Some churches kept burial records but not all did, or if they did they haven’t survived. Scotlandspeople has most of the surviving Church of Scotland & RC burial records and some records for other denominations.

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
    ELWYN