Diane R

Default Rutkin/Rudkin family

We have found in our researches that most things Rutkin/Rudkin end up in Rutland or Leicestershire. I wonder if anyone has come across information in their researches that will help us. At present we know Samuel Rutkin was married and living in Glapthorn Northants in 1750. We think there were earlier children, but have not yet got these parish records to check this. We have not found Samuel and Mary's marriage in Glapthorn. Samuel would have been born around 1715-1726, the earlier if there are more children to be discovered.
    So we are looking for any records of a baptism during thi if anyone has come across information in their researches that will help us. At present we know Samuel Rutkin was married and living in Glapthorn Northants in 1750. We think there were earlier children, but have not yet got these parish records to check this. We have not found Samuel and Mary's marriage in Glapthorn. Samuel would have been born around 1715-1726, the earlier if there are more children to be discovered.
    So we are looking for any records of a baptism during this period.
    Samuel's son John moved to Crowland. His son David to Pinchbeck. His son John to Sleaford and there this branch of the family still lives.
    Many thanks
    Diane R

beverlyingle

Diane, I saw another post in which you were interested in the Rudkins in Lincolnshire. I'm just starting my research and would love to connect with you. Please contact me at beverlyingle AT gmail DOT com. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Last edited by olliecat; 26-07-2011 at 6:38 PM. Reason: Email address edited to try to deter spammers

janbooth

Diane,

Samuel's marriage does not appear on the Northamptonshire Marriage Index 1700-1837. However, these are the RUDKIN/RUTKIN marriages with a Glapthorn reference that do appear on the Index, which might give you clues to more children:

12 October 1759 at Glapthorn Samuel BURGES & Mary RUTKIN, both of the parish
    29 December 1767 at Glapthorn John CORNWELL & Dorothy RUDKIN, both of the parish
    16 October 1768 at Glapthorn George MANNING & Elizabeth RUDKIN, both of the parish
    22 April 1783 at Glapthorn Henry RUTKIN, otp, bachelor & Elizabeth SPENCER of Warmington, spinster

Janet

janbooth

Further to the above, there is a marriage at Braunston, Rutland (source Exton & surrounds PR Transcripts) on 25 April 1735 of a Samuel RUDKIN & Mary COULSON, both of the parish, by banns - perhaps a possibility given the Rutland connection. This couple do not seem to have had any children in Braunston or any of the other Exton & surrounding parishes.

Janet