Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

National archives have a removal order for Eliza wife of Thomas Preece, and 2 children from Castle Morton to Pencomb Herefordshire in 1831.
    Held by Worcestershire archive and archaeology service.
    Also fmp have a burial record for Mary Preece b 1829, in 1830 Castlemorton.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    National archives have a removal order for Eliza wife of Thomas Preece, and 2 children from Castle Morton to Pencomb Herefordshire in 1831.
    grisel - this is good find. I think that as the original poster lizrenshaw is in Australia it would be useful be for her if you could point to the URLs where she can find this information.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    grisel - this is good find. I think that as the original poster lizrenshaw is in Australia it would be useful be for her if you could point to the URLs where she can find this information.
    Sorry, I was playing on my phone when I found the info and don't know how to copy things on it!

https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...f-e7c588bbd247

The earlier info was on a pdf from Worcestershire gov site and I can't seem to refind it at the moment. Try this one...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...imVTTiXK7LlZFO

janbooth

Definitely a really good find, Grisel. Looking further at the 1851 census for Eliza PREECE record I found and the criminal records on Ancestry for Eliza PREECE, I have come to the conclusion that the Eliza in the 1851 census is most likely to be Eliza wife of John PREECE, who is also a Mason, convicted in October 1850 for a period of 12 months. This Eliza seems to be an habitual criminal serving several periods of confinement in Hereford gaol (as Megan has already pointed out) - her entire criminal record is available to read on Ancestry under "UK Licences of Parole for Female Convicts 1853-1871". So back to searching for the Eliza PREECE resettled in Pencombe with her 2 children in 1831.

Janet

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks to Janet and everyone who has been amazing resourceful in helping me unpack this family. I am overwhelmed with the help I have been given to navigate around the British records from different sources.

All information provided is so helpful ...... This has been a brick wall for many years....

IS there a forum like this one for help with the irish sources..... but with truly helpful people like yourselves .......

One stunned family researcher!!!!!

Kind Regards to all

Liz Renshaw

janbooth

Glad we have all been able to help you in your search, Liz, and you can always post your Irish question on this Forum as we do have some experts on Irish genealogy as well. Both Ancestry and FMP have started to put some original Irish records on their websites and I am sure someone on the Forum will be able to help with any query you have.

Janet

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Removal order?

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    Can anyone tell me more about what is removal order? Who applied this order? Why? Why to another county? thanks very much

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Liz, although most of the references at the end refer to Lincolnshire the general information about removal orders and settlement papers is the same throughout England and Wales.
    https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LIN/poorsettlement

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12