Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Starting to feel at home

Ok, had some certificates turn up today

So, firstly death certificate of Charles Wright Whitehouse, 1886, Cricklade. This is definitely ours, the informant was W T Richens, son in law, who was married to daughter Eliza at the time. Charles died on 23rd March, aged 74. He was a superannuated iron moulder and cause of death was Bronchitis, 6 weeks. Unfortunately, the burial that I had in the tree was for 2nd March, so hopefully, even though it looked such a good match, this one wasn't him!

Next, birth certificate of Susannah Rachel Hall, daughter of Eliza Julia Whitehouse and Patrick Hall. Born 16th November 1861 in Maiden Newton, Dorset. Informant (Mother) was resident at Bradford Peverell, and Father, Patrick was an agricultural labourer, both of which tie in with the 1861 census. So, would definitely say that this is our girl, but think that I will order a couple of more birth certificates for this family, to try and strengthen the tie to the 1871 census.

Final certificate in todays batch is for Patrick Hall, son of Patrick Hall and Julia Whitehouse. Born 19th August 1859, Greenhill, Wirksworth, Derby. Father Patrick was a general labourer, not an agricultural labourer and even though we know that Charles P Hall was born in Derby, the lack of any mention of the name Charles makes me less confident that this could be the Charles P Hall from the 1861 & 71 censuses. Eliza was known as Julia in the 1861 census, but doesn't appear in the 1871 census.

I am currently still waiting for a death certificate for Rebecca Hall.

Thanks everyone

Debs

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Brilliant

Final certificate in todays batch is for Patrick Hall, son of Patrick Hall and Julia Whitehouse. Born 19th August 1859, Greenhill, Wirksworth, Derby. Father Patrick was a general labourer, not an agricultural labourer and even though we know that Charles P Hall was born in Derby, the lack of any mention of the name Charles makes me less confident that this could be the Charles P Hall from the 1861 & 71 censuses. Eliza was known as Julia in the 1861 census, but doesn't appear in the 1871 census.
    Firstly Wirksworth is written on the census returns albeit it not necessarily recognisable

Secondly maybe he adopted the name of Charles to distinguish between him & his father or adopting his grandfather's forename!

I think it is the correct person, a baptism would be helpful.

Starting to feel at home

And if Patrick (Father) can become John, I can't see any reason why Patrick (son) can't become Charles, lol!

I think that I will order a couple more birth certificates for the family, get that 1871 census more secure and then I might be happier about Patrick/Charles

Thanks

Debs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123