Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Wow. Thank you to you both. What a lot of information you have gleaned. I think the John Joseph Fitzgerald & Lucia Strangman are the couple i am looking for. The links you supplied are wonderful and lead on to other information. Also copies of the marriage , births etc are great and we get fathers names and occupations.
    I am unable to pursue them all at the minute as I am not at home but have a little foray now and again ( it is so compulsive). There is mention of the various folks in the medical section of some sites.
    Found a death for Lucia (Strangman) Fitzgerald 1958 in Kent ( I think) a will too. A widow at this point.
    I shall try and find when she came to England and when and where John Joseph died.
    A note of Otho as Medical superintendent in Shenley Hospital and a death for him in 2000. Lots on the Strangmans which i need to try and decipher, very committed Quakers it seems.
    If Lucia, the daughter, emigrated to Canada i shall hopefully find her in immigration records, married or not!!
    There was another daughter, Sylvia b 1914 who has been accounted for. She also was a psychiatrist and married a psychiatrist. Quite obviously runs in the family. It was because of her that I started the search but now it is too interesting to stop. I am actually searching for her daughter with whom I was at school.
    Can't thank you both enough.
    Once home i shall be getting all this information into some semblance of order.

Waterford Standard, 25 Oct 1952
    Strangman - Sylvia, daughter of Thomas Hancock Strangman, of Carriganore, passed away on Oct 18th in her 84th year. Greatly mourned by her one surviving sister, Dr Lucia Strangman Fitzgerald, Porters Lea, Shenley, St. Albans, Herts
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

The 1932 obituary of George White Hancock Strangman, eldest son of the late Mr Thomas Hancock Strangman, and member of a" brilliant and distinguished family" -
    " ...he was a brother of Dr Henry Strangman, Waterford; Dr Lucia Fitzgerald, Cork; Miss Sylvia Strangman, London; Mr Joshua Strangman, Canada; Dr Cecil Strangman, Australia and the late Dr Thomas Hancock Strangman who died in Australia ...."
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Thanks again helachau.
    the Strangmans and wealthy were certainly an important family.
    I also found some info on ancestry.com. I think I should perhaps I should have looked there sooner. Nevertheless you have found information which isn't on ancestry. Any info gratefully received

Default Lucia b 1905

I found Lucia, daughter of John Joseph and Lucia. She was also at Shenley at some point, and married a John Terence Bardon in 1940.. It seems that she did not go to Canada as I had been led to believe. A death and Will also on Ancestry.com

Just an update to say that there is so much information on the net of the Strangmans. A fascinating search which I shall continue
    Neverthless I am still in pursuit of my old school friend who is a granddaughter of John Joosph & Lucia Fitzgerald .She is why I started the search as i thought her ancestors might lead me to her. No idea her family was so amazing.

Thank you so much for your help. I may have got there myself eventually, but your help was enormous.

Interesting since the name John Joseph Fitzgerald, although probably very common, was handed down in my family. My family was from the Cork area. (Macroom) Nothing saying that they stayed there however. My most immediate ancestor emigrated in 1850 to Boston but he came from a very large family in Macroom. So, this thread interests me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12