Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Growing old Disgracefully

Smile Just had contact with ...........

Over the last couple of days I haven't been BG sorry but I have a real good reason

I've just had contact from Australia who is looking for the same folks that I am. Turns out that she is a cousin and no one, and I mean no one (come as quite a shock to some cousins I've been talking to) knew about this family. We all know we have relatives somewhere in Australia but not this one. It turns out that my Grandmothers sister went into service in London (we knew this from the census records) what no one knew was she had a son out of wedlock and gave him away because she could not keep him and work. She later married and went to live in Canada. He was sent out to Australia as a farm boy to one of the farms they set up for orphaned children. Her father grew up knowing nothing about his family in England. Lots of Facebook and e-mails with photos going backwards and forwards. She says she's been looking for 30 years for his family and now she found us when sadly he has past away.

As My little grandson Zachary would say Gran ma's happy, happy, happy (say it fast)

Knowledgeable and helpful

don't you just love it when this happens ...........shame about her father but what catch ups you will have..........quite jealous!!

As My little grandson Zachary would say Gran ma's happy, happy, happy (say it fast)
    I will be saying it all day.

What a fascinating story and a lovely result for you. Such a shame your grandmother's sister's boy isn't with you to share it but his descendants are now a part of his family.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

How lovely for you, Sandy Results like that do make all the effort involved in compiling a tree so worthwhile.
    Alma

THAT is awesome.. WOW ... I know how you feel Sandy. As I found a relative on here a week ago, she lives in Australia as I do but on the other side of the country. We are going to link up early next year and we are organizing a re-union between our families ...just so excited: my biggest dream would be to find relatives living in England, a really tall order but maybe one day. As basically ALL my ancestors originate from England there MUST be relies there somewhere... BUT ... hopefully Sandy you may even get to meet your long lost relie in person.

Well Thank you for all your reply's now I've gone and started something haven't I.

I've spoke to my Cousin's to see if they have any old Photos I could borrow to e-mail Ronny. Last night I got a couple of phone calls from another cousin saying he worked with a person with the same name as my grandmother could he be a relative and connected to us. After talking to this man who is 79 he's come back to me with a list of names about 10 and said there are 24 children and 2 Wives will I have a look at them to see if there is a connection. (well no Zachary until Monday so I've got nothing else to do) LOL

janbooth

That'll keep you busy then, won't it! What an absolutely fabulous outcome for you.

Janet

Just a update I had some information regarding Ronny's dad's Mum that I passed to her. We had an old address for the family in Canada and info regarding Ada's son who would have been Her dad's half brother and his 2 sons who would be his nephews. We have found 1 of the sons but unfortunately he pass away in 2009. Ronny has how every found his Widow and has made contact with her hopefully we will find out about the other brother soon.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

This family tree is expanding rapidly

Just a quick update other cousin has been found and we have had contact.

Amazing what a couple of e-mails can do xxxx

Zachary is now calling me Grandma xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast