Loves to help with queries

Default Emmanuel Parish Church, Swadlincote

I notice records for the above church do not go beyond 1904. My 2xg.grandmother's 2nd husband Joseph Bourne was buried there 17 January 1889. Although I am pretty certain my 2xg.grandmother Frances Bourne was buried old Methodist Section, Woodville Cemetery (no records available/released) abt. 2/5 May 1905 (died 1 May 1905, 5 Drayton St., Swadlincote) there could be a slim possibility she was buried Emmanuel. Anybody aware whether records now go beyond 1904? I know the family was of the Weslyan persuasion. Thank you........Lizzie. p.s. I contacted the Rev. Sue Rolls of the Woodville Church a couple of years ago re the above and she promised to look into it and get back to me but that unfortunely never eventuated.

Valued member of Brit-Gen MrsPoppy's Avatar

Hi Lizzie, it looks as if some records are held at the Derbyshire Archives. If you go onto the website and search the catalogue burials up to 1952 are there for Emmanuel. Might be worth having a search of the site to see just what has been deposited.

Mrs P

Loves to help with queries

Thank you Mrs P I will most certainly do as suggested. Apologies for my late reply but haven't been able to get to my computer over the past two days...other stuff going on.....Lizzie