Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Dundee10

No, George W. WHITE was born in 1880. I think you are getting the entry mixed up with that of her son, George W. WHITELEY.

Starting to feel at home

Geneius- just getting round to looking at this that you found, -

"There is a George Whiteley died Oct 1908 buried in Philips Park Cemetery burial record on line at burialrecords.manchester.gov.uk"

I looked all whiteley (plus other spellings) deaths up on that site and then used a combination of familysearch.org and find a grave to rule them out. most cemeteries listed were miles away from the areas we've been looking searching in. don't suppose that rules them out completely though? but given the years are all before 1910 (bar one in 1919) I don't think any of them are him?

Starting to feel at home

ah good grief Dundee10.. I cant even read! why is everyone called George??????????????

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    On way to N Wales but have a look at a death entry for a Sarah Whiteley aged 33 Newton in 1896 you will then need to convert to a group ref ! I also found a hand written entry on q1 1892 for Florence m Whiteley with an obscure ref attached to it. Looks like a late registration. you can see it on freebie if you click on the info look links stars something like seeD8????? I have looked at the Pollitt family will Sarah is day of George & Maria. On tablet so apologies for mistakes.
    I struggle to use a tablet but felt I needed to post what I found late last night...back home now on a proper computer

Lancashirebmd.org.uk has the following entry

Deaths

WHITELEY Sarah 33 Newton Archives+, Manchester Central Library NEW/96/195

GRO

Whiteley Sarah 33 Prestwich 8d 241

This info could tie in with the 1891 census info and the baptism entry of 1893

I looked at the POLLI(E) TT family and found Sarah is likely to be the daughter of George & Maria.

Just cannot find the Florence bit at present

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Clarky76 View Post
    Geneius- just getting round to looking at this that you found, -

"There is a George Whiteley died Oct 1908 buried in Philips Park Cemetery burial record on line at burialrecords.manchester.gov.uk"

I looked all whiteley (plus other spellings) deaths up on that site and then used a combination of familysearch.org and find a grave to rule them out. most cemeteries listed were miles away from the areas we've been looking searching in. don't suppose that rules them out completely though? but given the years are all before 1910 (bar one in 1919) I don't think any of them are him?
    I do not think this is your man BUT a few day old baby, I haven't any credits at present to look at the register. Southern cemetery is the one that is likely to have covered some of the area you are looking at as are Gorton & Philips Park!

Starting to feel at home

Hi Geneius! Hope you enjoyed your trip, and hope I didn't sound ungrateful at your post earlier?? I was just curious what these things are you mentioned? So where did you look to find the Florence entry with the obscure markings in the margin? I'll have a look in the morning for sarah whiteley death as I'm on my phone at the mo and it's so hard to type!
    Ive spent the entire day trying to identify potential George's in Peterborough. There are 56 born in Peterborough in 1864 give or take a few years and I'm singling out those who's father was labourer/ ag labourer or farmer. Those with an older father who's mother may have remarried! Hopefully that'll narrow down the list I have a few potentials already. I'll then check if any of the fathers died and if the mother remarried. Long winded but not sure how else to check for George at all
    Gnight all thanks for today's offerings!

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    I do not think this is your man BUT a few day old baby, I haven't any credits at present to look at the register. Southern cemetery is the one that is likely to have covered some of the area you are looking at as are Gorton & Philips Park!
    forgot to say Geneius, don't use up your credits- if you find a specific person worth looking up let me know how to find them and ill check it out!

as much as I said I wasn't too bad at researching you all seem to use a lot of sites i've not used before so I think its just that I'm not used to them that I'm not getting the same search results etc?

Starting to feel at home

whilst checking out every George in 1871 census' I have stumbled across one who was born in Peterborough, but is in Chorlton with a whole load others he appears to be related to in the same lane. his father appears to be 42 and his mother is only 28. a few of them are labourers, but I cant read much of the sheet as the writing is feint. I haven't checked if his mother remarried a whiteley yet... will do that when I check the rest of the Georges.

so the entry is 1871 census for a George Leach born in 1864. father Samuel and mother Jamy

Starting to feel at home

Geneius your mailbox is too full so I wasn't able to reply to thank you!!

Starting to feel at home

Geneius! how are you? i need your expertise ..... ??? my pollitt puzzle is causing me no end of annoyance. can you help me with it??? pretty please? x

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678