Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Starting to feel at home

Thanks again, for your finds! Although "my" particular "Henry Spencer" of Thorpe didn't die or be buried in Thorpe, until around 1764, I believe, this one you have found, still may be some type of family "relation"--so will check That out! But the Fun thing, is the book you found he subscribed to--as "my" Henry was a Lawyer!--so such a title makes sense!! I tried the Link, but it comes-up "Error", so maybe a letter or digit is off?
    Oh--okay--i found the link--it was just missing the word "surrey" in above cut/paste---so it should read:
    https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch...vol3/pp437-440
    How ODD when i Try to Post the Corrected LINK--it cuts-out the Word SURREY after the /vch/ and before the/vol3/ where it should be included!!! So I guess you did not mis-copy the Link, it is the "program" Here that doesn't post it accurately, maybe to "shorten" it??? But in any case, when I tried it the 1st time to go to it, as posted, it didn't work, stating "error", but a 2nd time's try, went through!!! Ah the Wonders of technology, or as "I" say..."Technology is Great, WHEN it WORKS!" : ) Anyway...Thank you for that--I will thoroughly read it all!
    Big thanks for All you've posted!! Vienna
    Last edited by ViennaSpencer; 02-07-2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: to add additional info

Re. Henry and Anne inheriting Sir John's estate it is well covered in The Gentleman's Magazine, Year MDCCXCVII, Volume LXVII , second part (page 612) - an online, searchable version can be found by googling.

Henry is described as " ... another attorney of Norfolk ..."
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Starting to feel at home

Default Re: Henry (& Ann nee Leigh) Spencer,of Thorpe

Thank you so much, will read in full re: your mention, below! Vienna

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    Re. Henry and Anne inheriting Sir John's estate it is well covered in The Gentleman's Magazine, Year MDCCXCVII, Volume LXVII , second part (page 612) - an online, searchable version can be found by googling.

Henry is described as " ... another attorney of Norfolk ..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12