Loves to help with queries

Default Dennis family of Measham

Trying to tidy up a few loose ends.....Measham death/burial for the following four..... John Dennis b. 1746 Measham, last child was b. 1789 Measham so died after 1788.......Spouse Sarah Dennis after 1789.......Henry Dennis after 1756 and his spouse Sarah Dennis after 1757. Always very appreciative of the help and advice I've received through the various B-G forums....LizzieB

janbooth

Lizzie,

FindmyPast have the parish register images of Measham under their Leicestershire parish records. Can't give you full details because of their terms & conditions but a John DENNIS was buried in 1802 plus an appropriate Sarah DENNIS in 1791.

Janet

janbooth

Lizzie,

Henry & Sarah DENNIS had another child, Moses, baptised in 1762. It looks as if another Moses was buried in 1760. There is also the burial of Richard son of Henry & Sarah in 1777, so presumably they were both still alive at that date. There is a burial for a Henry DENIS at Measham in 1793 and a burial for a Sarah DENNIS, widow, in 1808, both of which could be relevant to you. The burial for the John DENNIS I found above may not be your John as there appear to be two John DENNIS's in Measham having children at the same time, the other being married to an Eleanor. As I said above, I cannot give you full details but all the full parish register entries are available on FMP.

Janet

Loves to help with queries

Default Dennis family of Measham

Thanks Janet.....Looks like I'm going to have to delve a little further than I was hoping to sort this. Another subscription to FMP is in order and glancing at some other trees they have dates all over the shop without sources apart from "Ancestry family trees". The Dennis's certainly stuck to the same 8/10 names. Thank you for your guidance.