Loves to help with queries

Default John P McLauglin born Glasgow 1921

This query probably covers several topics but hope to get somewhere here. John P McLaughlin born 20 Oct 1921....father may have been W F McLaughlin. John P went to India, presumably as an engineer and married there and had at least 2 sons, He married a Ouida ? who was born 10 Mar 1921 and the family returned to UK in 1953 from Bombay.

What I'm looking for is a record of John's birth so we can get a copy birth certificate and any details of his wife Ouida who was Anglo Indian.

thank you
    Sue

If it was a little longer ago, you could have bought a dowloaded copy of his birth certificate from Scotlands People HERE.. You need to register to use the site. The preliminary index is free, but you need to buy credits to pay for the actual certificate.

However, birth records need to be 100 years old to be bought online - the good news is that you can order a hard copy.

I have 5 SP hits on John Mclaughlin, spread over different areas of Glasgow in 1921. It would be nice to pinpoint which one you need, you don't want to buy them all! (I can't find one with P in the middle over 1920-1922.).
    I don't suppose that he had a sibling born 1917 or earlier?

I've put a description for SP HERE

I should have reminded everyone about our "no details for people who as (potentially) still alive on the open forum" rule. People can, of course, provide info by means of the personal message system.

Thanks very much Lesley

Sue

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Sumi

Ifyou google Ouida McLaughlin it will take you to a page on geni.com for Mary Ouida McLaughlin nee Potter married to John Paul McLaughlin with some family detaills. May or may not be accurate.
    Mary Ouida's birth or baptism in India also appears on FMP's index.
    Hope this helps.

Many thanks gristle....why didn't I see that when I Googled her��??

Quote Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
    Many thanks gristle....why didn't I see that when I Googled her��??
    Not at all surprising!
    Googling her again she doesn't pop up anywhere near the top pages. Maybe I originally googled ouida mclaughlin india or some other keyword that I've now forgotten!
    The Potter family history looks interesting.
    The site also suggests that John McLaughlin's parents are William McLaughlin and Agnes Graham. I don't know if you were to pay money to the site if there would be furtber details available or not.
    Tne 1953 marriage cert might also be useful.

Thanks again Geisel....but what 1953 marriage did you find?
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
    Thanks again Geisel....but what 1953 marriage did you find?
    Sue
    Sorry , senior moment! I meant that finding John and Ouida's marriage cert (from India?) would be useful. Think it was Ouida's mother's marriage I spotted earlier.