Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Default Abel Clarke of Salford Priors

I cant find Abel Clarke & family in the 1841 census there last child
    Abel was born in 1838 at Salford Priors ?

Reputation beyond repute

Abel was born in 1838 at Salford Priors
    Details of mother and father?

Is this not your lad?
    Births Sep 1837 CLARKE Abel Alcester 16 123

What does the birth certificate say for his place of birth? What does the baptism register have for the abode?

Starting to feel at home

The birth of Abel Clarke could be right because Alcester was the registration district covering Salford Priors
    his parents were Abel Clarke & Elizabeth nee Bennett , Eliizabeth was christened in Harvington worcestershire
    in 1798 i dont no where Abel senior was born all the children except the first born were born in Dunnington
    which is close to Salford Priors I just need to find them on a census
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeway View Post
    I cant find Abel Clarke & family in the 1841 census there last child
    Abel was born in 1838 at Salford Priors ?

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeway View Post
    The birth of Abel Clarke could be right because Alcester was the registration district covering Salford Priors
    his parents were Abel Clarke & Elizabeth nee Bennett , Eliizabeth was christened in Harvington worcestershire
    in 1798 i dont no where Abel senior was born all the children except the first born were born in Dunnington
    which is close to Salford Priors I just need to find them on a census
    thanks

Hi ridgeway, you seem to be contradicting yourself You say their last child, Abel, was born in Salford Priors, and also say: all except the first born were born in Dunnington. Please can you confirm, or not, whether these children baptised Salford Priors are part of the family.

Both with parents Abel and Elizabeth
    John 5th April 1835; Thomas 3rd July 1831.

Please give details of Abel's (1838) siblings.
    Alma

I have found who appears to be Abel in 1851.

1851, Overbury, Worcestershire, HO107; Piece: 1974; Folio: 202; Page: 40;
    Mary Nichols 67,Conderton Worcestershire
    Abel Clarkes 12, nephew, ag. lab. Salford, Worcestershire??? (perhaps should say Warwickshire)
    Job Perkes 15, lodger

In later census he seems to be living in Wales, but I assume you have those records. As yet I haven't found him in 1841. I wonder if his parents died before 1851 hence why he's living with an Aunt? Do you know when his parents died?
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Almach
    Abels siblings are Mary b 1825, Ann b 1828, Emily b 1829, Thomas b 1831, John b 1835 Abel b 1838
    all these were born in Dunnington and christened in Salford Priors which is the mother church for Dunnington
    The first born was William b 1823 Harvington worcestershire
    Thanks

Do you know when his parents died?
    You didn't answer the above question which will help in the search

Also, if it is your Abel with Aunt Mary Nichols have you worked out where she fits into your family ancestry?
    Alma

Reputation beyond repute

What does the birth certificate say for his place of birth?
    Don't you think you ought to get his birth certificate? If nothing else it will provide his correct date of birth.

What does the baptism register have for the abode?
    Now that Ancestry is working again, I can see that the abode on Abel's baptism register entry is Dunnington. Dunnington was a hamlet in the parish of Salford Priors.

Have you worked through the 1841 census covering Dunnington page-by-page - it's only one district? Use Ancestry's "browse" facility.

Starting to feel at home

almach
    Yes i have a copy of the 1851 census i am trying to find the connection between Mary Nichols to the Clarkes
    or the bennetts, i have Abel in Wales I have John in Dunnington in 1851-61-71 and Thomas in Radford in 1851

I have found a death on Free Bmd for a Abel Clarke june q 1847 if this is right why is he not in the 1841 census

Starting to feel at home

Peter
    I dont have any birth certificates for Abels children only there christening records and they were all born at Dunnington
    I have been through the Dunnington 1841 census many times no Abel and his wife Elizabeth found

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast