Default 38 Vehicle Company RAOC Italy 1944

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi. Is this a Royal Artillery corps? My father was in Italy during this time. I can see someone who looks very much like him on the second row from the front!!

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

HI

RAOC = Royal Artillery Ordnance Corps - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Army_Ordnance_Corps
    Look at the officers caps- do they have an old cannon? - like in the picture on this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Artillery

regards
    Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.

Quote Originally Posted by NZMoi99 View Post
    Hi. Is this a Royal Artillery corps? My father was in Italy during this time. I can see someone who looks very much like him on the second row from the front!!
    Hi Yes I believe this group is 38 vehicle Comp. RAOC

Quote Originally Posted by simmo1 View Post
    HI My grandfather John Allen served with 38 vehicle Comp. RAOC in Italy WW2 he also served with the Green Howards in WW1 He was batman to the officer highlighted

RAOC = Royal Artillery Ordnance Corps - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Army_Ordnance_Corps
    Look at the officers caps- do they have an old cannon? - like in the picture on this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Artillery

regards
    Robert

My grandfather was this officers batman attached to 38 vehicle comp RAOC

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, sorry I am joining this thread very late. I have only recently discovered that my uncle joined 38th Vehicle Company as his LAA unit was disbanded in Italy in 1944 and served with them in Italy & Austria? until he was demobbed. Having discovered your thread I hoped to be able to see if he was in the photographs you posted. Unfortunately I just keep getting 'page not found' messages when I click on the links. Is there anything you could do to help please?
    Thank you

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I'd forgotten all about this post til I got a notification that someone had replied to it. I see that I posted my question exactly 4 years ago! I can't see the photo either now but I'll have a search for it.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi. I couldn't find the photograph by searching on this site but I believe I might have found it through a Google search. I've managed to print out the photo quite clearly but unfortunately can't see my father it. Hopefully you will see your uncle.
    I just searched for "38 vehicle company RAOC Italy 1944 photograph" and then looked through the images. The photograph I think you might be looking for had the link "ra-32-field-regt.jpg" so perhaps if you google you will be able to find it. Good luck.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you for trying. My attempts at google image search only give a small 720x475 image of the 38th Veh Co as I think originally posted on this site. Unfortunately at that size its really unclear. its a shame I came to this so late but we only just discovered some paperwork from our uncle that gave us the ability to start looking. Unfortunately he passed away some years ago so we are doing this without him.
    Thanks again and Good Luck with your search.