Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Default Edith Annie EATHERLEY 1875

Baptised at Glinton Northants on on 7 September 1879, Edith Annie EATHERLEY, daughter of Charles and Ann Elizabeth. Abode Holloway London, father's occupation messenger in the General Post Office.

Can't find a birth registration 1877-1879 with the Eatherley surname so think the vicar might have used a little poetic licence in the spelling.

Baptism image currently online via Ancestry's Northamptonshire Parish Registers for Glinton 1814-1900; image number 73 of 111.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Loves to help with queries

Pam,
    On BMD (free website) Edith Annie Eatherley, Dec Qtr, St Saviours 1875.Ref ID,P 177.

Thank you very much for that find, tullamore.
    Didn't think about going back a couple more years in the GRO Index because it is a fairly distinctive name.
    I'll amend her birth year in the thread title.

Pam

DianaCanada

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Baptised at Glinton Northants on on 7 September 1879, Edith Annie EATHERLEY, daughter of Charles and Ann Elizabeth. Abode Holloway London, father's occupation messenger in the General Post Office.

Can't find a birth registration 1877-1879 with the Eatherley surname so think the vicar might have used a little poetic licence in the spelling.

Baptism image currently online via Ancestry's Northamptonshire Parish Registers for Glinton 1814-1900; image number 73 of 111.

Pam
    This is actually a relative of someone I used to do family history with years ago. Eatherley is the correct spelling, and in fact is my friend's surname. I vaguely remember her talking about that child, something about her being left behind when her parents lived in London.

Wow, what a small world, Diana.

Pam

DianaCanada

I must confess my memory failed me - it was not Edith that was left behind but a daughter of my friend's ancestors when they came to Canada. Charles, Edith's father, and her direct male ancestor were brothers.
    I am surprised I remember this at all ; we used go to the FHC (LDS) together around 2000-2002, but it is an unusual surname!