Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hi Christina.
    The reference you gave Alan here for Richard Baxter living with his grandparents in 1841, can you tell me where I could find a copy of that census record, I have tried everything I can think of to track it down but cannot seem to access it from Australia. It states that Richard was just 12 years old and living with his grandmother, was there any mention of his grandfather, William Baxter.
    Thankyou Sandy.

You can find a transcript of the 1841 Census at FamilySearch. Images are available on line at Ancestry or FindMyPast.
    The 1841 Census does not define relationships. Given the age of Sarah (75) and Richard (12) it might be assumed that Richard is a grandchild.
    Richard Baxter's baptism on 25 Jan 1829 reads -
    Richard, B.B. son of Catharine Baxter, abode Street Road, parish of Polesworth. The "B.B." is an abbreviation of "base born".

Catharine had a probable second base born child -
    March 24 1833, Thomas Baxter, son of Catharine Baxter, abode Polesworth.
    The register entry is is not endorsed "B.B." or similar - the base born is implied by the absence of a father's name in the register.

I suspect this Thomas Baxter is the Thomas WILKINS that was buried 29 Jan 1841, age 8, abode Dordon (Dordon is the address of Thomas and Catherine Wilkins on the 1841 Census)
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Hi Helachau
    Thank you for that info, that is pretty much what I have and was looking for an actual copy of a document so I will check out that.
    Much appreciated
    Kind regards Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    You can find a transcript of the 1841 Census at FamilySearch. Images are available on line at Ancestry or FindMyPast.
    The 1841 Census does not define relationships. Given the age of Sarah (75) and Richard (12) it might be assumed that Richard is a grandchild.
    Richard Baxter's baptism on 25 Jan 1829 reads -
    Richard, B.B. son of Catharine Baxter, abode Street Road, parish of Polesworth. The "B.B." is an abbreviation of "base born".

Catharine had a probable second base born child -
    March 24 1833, Thomas Baxter, son of Catharine Baxter, abode Polesworth.
    The register entry is is not endorsed "B.B." or similar - the base born is implied by the absence of a father's name in the register.

I suspect this Thomas Baxter is the Thomas WILKINS that was buried 29 Jan 1841, age 8, abode Dordon (Dordon is the address of Thomas and Catherine Wilkins on the 1841 Census)
    Hi all ... I want to say thankyou very much for all the help you gave me on researching Richard Baxter and Catherine Baxter, all which has now been proven beyond doubt with the DNA matches associated with this research. How ever having received DNA matches with Catherine Wilkins (nee Baxter) two daughters between her and her husband Thomas Wilkins we have a new contender for Richards Father. I have since received DNA matches with some Wilkins family, which is strange as both daughters married Wills and Fulleyloves, so their surnames could not be Wilkins, Thomas Wilkins appeared to have adopter Thomas who was born out of wedlock to Catherine in 1833, Thomas Wilkins married Catherine in 1833 the same year his first wife Mary Webb died, Mary and Thomas had 4 sons together, the only way I could be related to the Wilkins would be through Thomas or a one of his brothers being the father of my Richard, I feel he may have been having a long affair with Catherine before his wife left the scene. HOWEVER ,,the Wilkins I am related to named Janet we can only get back to her Great Great Grandfather, John Wilkins (1811-1912) who married Charlotte Unk (1816-1868)and we hit a brick wall ... Thomas Wilkins was born in 1800 so I need to get back further than this John Wilkins to find a match ... its so frustrating. We have also found that we have an amazing DNA matches with Catherine Baxter's older brother, Charles Baxter, yet with no other brothers or sisters of Catherine's ,,, we are praying there isn't an underlying reason for this. can anyone find a father for Thomas Wilkins (1800-1881) We think it was Richard Wilkins that died the same year Thomas was born ... but we seriously need some ancestors for John Wilkins (1811-1912).

Hi all ...
    Oh dear ... I have actually worked it all out ... the Wilkins that Janet is related to me is through another Wilkins on my mums side, totally NOT related to my dads side. Soooo disappointing, well its good to know where Janet stands as a distant cousin but disappointing as we figured we would have an answer to our biggest dilemma in our tree. Back to the drawing board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234