Clinton304

Smile Cheshire Central - Buckley, Wrench & Deakin families

Just joined the club. Investigating main lines of Buckley, Wrench & Deakin in Davenham, Northwich, Moulton & Winsford areas. Plus loads of peripheral lines. Would be interested to hear from anyone interested in the area. Clinton.

sharonbrown

Default hughes in davenham

hello clinton,
    thank you for your reply. i am actually researching the smallwood side of the family, which was rhona's maiden name. i gained the information on her whereabouts via her death certificate. most of her family came from denbighshire. i have a lot of information on the family going as far back as 1760's which i would like to share with her son and daughter (my great cousins). unfortunately, i don't remember their names. it was a long time ago when i last saw them. any help would be very grateful
    kind regards
    sharon

David Buckley

Hello Clinton304,

I have just joined and am investigating the Buckley line back thru my grandfather Albert Henry Buckley(Middlewich 1895-1976), thru William Buckley(Over? 1863-1940), thru Job Buckley (? 1821-1878) and stopped.

Have mostly used Census records with some access to Cheshire BMD.

Have you come across any of these ?

regards

David

Sandra Parker

Default Buckley

David,
    I have a Solomon Buckley born 14th Nov 1825 at Audlem. I have his brothers Samuel, David, Methusalen, Adam, Peter, and Rhuben. Also sister Martha.
    their parents were William Buckley born C 1799 and Mary Beckett.
    It sounds a bit coincidental that Job, whom you associate with Audlem, should not belong to the very 'biblically' named family.
    I don't have much info on this generation, but have the descendant family of Solomon in some detail.
    Sandra

Tony

Default Northwich

Hey Clinton - is this just coincidence? I see both a Robert DEAKIN butcher and a William BUCKLEY surgeon in Witton Street, Northwich, in Pigot's 1828-29 Commercial Directory of Cheshire. [- and they both have blood on their hands. But no other Deakins or Buckleys engaged in commerce in Northwich].

sue1

Dear Clinton,

I have a couple of Wrench's on my family tree (I have to say in error because I was following a "wrong" lead of my own making!) I suspect this may not be the correct area for you. They are:

Harold Wrench b 1889 b Wybunbury who married Margaret Steele b 1889 Buerton
    They had a son called Henry Wrench b 1909 b Norton in Hales, Shrops, who married Edith Clewes b 1914 Market Drayton died 1996 Norton in Hales, Shrops.

I have seen several other mentions of Wrench's - the online Cheshire Parish records has some going way back.

Sue

Ireland

Hi Clinton,
    I have a Wrench in my MEACHIN family: Ann WRENCH married Thomas MEACHIN in 1859.
    Ann was born in about 1839.
    Her mother Sarah b. in Northwich c1806 and father George a Waterman b. in Castle Northwich c1800.
    Ann had a brother Thomas.
    In 1861 they lived in London Road in Leftwich.

Any connection?
    Val

PMJACK1398

Hi
    I am in the midst of a rather Smallwood project, with a possible William from Stockport being a key player. Does he tie in with any of your Smallwood information. He married an Elizabeth and had a son, Thomas George Calcroft Smallwood, born in Loughborough Leic 1816. The link is wobbly. Thomas GC then lived in Nottm, and at that time there was a William living with Eliza in Nottingham. The jobs do not tally up, but he is a strong contender to be Thomas GC's father.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I have job buckley who married Martha machin. Jobs father was William. I am also in Australia. My father was Fred buckley. His father Henry buckley. His father William buckley. His father job buckley audlem cheshire