sharonbrown

Cool smallwood family

i have been researching the smallwood family as far back as 1760's. in 1760's the family were living in cymau, a little village just 2 miles away from caergwrle. they built the cymau and ffrith chapel. research has took me through the centuries to present day where quite a few smallwoods live in denbighshire. i am appealing to any members of the smallwood family to contact me as i have a lot of information which i would like to pass onto them and to possibly make some form of connection with the tree of the smallwoods

siarl

Hello Sharon. I am descended from the Davies family of Rhos Ithel, Nercwys. Their daughter Mary married Edward Smallwood in Nercwys. She was known as mair o'r Cymau and previously wrote to Y Drysorfa as mair Nercwys. There are still Smallwoods from and other branch living in Llanarmon yn Ial. I think that Emlyn williams the dramatist was descended from this family also. Would be interested to learn more of when the Smallwoods originally came to Wales. There was of course John Smallwood the preacher

Jan1954

Hello siarl - welcome to Brit-Gen,

Although still a member, Sharon has not visted the forum for a couple of years and so may not see your message. However, if you click on her user name, a drop-down list will appear with one of the options being to send a private message. If you do so, this should genetate an email to her.

Good luck,