Loves to help with queries

Smile Owen Beer(e) and Joyce (Unknown)

I have an Owen Beer and a Joyce Unknown having 4 known children baptised Claydon, Oxfordshire, between 1768 and 1781. I believe Claydon is in the Banbury Reg. district. Using the usual resources I cannot find a bapt./marriage/death for Owen or a death for Joyce and of course not knowing her maiden name, a baptism. As a guesstimate, Owen could have been born between 1735-1746. Hoping someone out there can give me a helping hand as you have done many times before. Thank you....

Reputation beyond repute

I don't know what your usual resources are!

Owen BEERE of Claydon married Joyce WARD at Mollington on 11 Dec 1767. Note that the marriage was by licence.

I would have a browse through Ancestry if I were you.

Peter......many thanks.....that's the one........I completely disregarded even looking at Mollington because the kids were bapt. Claydon, so just concentrated on an Oxfordshire marriage and had not thought to add the 'e'. There are no marriages for Owen Beer on IGI but I have since gone back, added the 'e' and there it was. My usual sources......Ancestry......IGI.....Freereg2.....An other lesson learned.... Thanks Peter.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I have checked the marriage bonds list, which is basically for Buckinghamshire, but there a a few for Oxfordshire.

These may, or may not be of interest, but something to keep in your notes.

George BEERE, Farmer of Claydon, to Elizabeth Estelle(Astell) of Claydon. Bond granted, 17 Feb 1736 @ Mollington.
    George BEERE, Tailor of Banbury, to Jane Arne of Banbury. Bond granted, 2 Aug 1822 @ Banbury.

Checking the OxFHS Marriage Index(1538-1837), both these marriages occurred.

There is one other marriage from the index that might be of interest.....

William BEER, of Farnborough, to Elizabeth Goode, Nov 1748 @ Mollington.

Steve.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Thanks for your contribution Steve. Peter was spot-on with who I was looking for but wouldn't mind betting George Beere could be Owen's grandfather or g.uncle. LizzieB.