Loves to help with queries

Default Andrew McClarnan

I am trying to find the parents of an Andrew McClarnan who died in Preston in 1855 and is buried in St John's Thank you
    Sue

Famous for offering help & advice

This death reg is from the GRO which gives his age as 20.

The transcriptions on Ancestry give the age as 1 year. FMP doesn't have an age but the death is in quarter 1 ,so a little confusion.It might be worth buying the cert.

MCCLARNAN, ANDREW age 20
    GRO Reference: 1855 M Quarter in PRESTON Volume 08E Page 342

Knowledgeable and helpful

According to family search he was born 1854 so the 20 could be months not years. However I cannot find a baptism for him.

Emeltee

Knowledgeable and helpful

This may be the family in 1861

RG09/3136/F103/p34
    49 Frank Street, Preston

Hugh McClarman 40 Head Fruiterer & Marine Dealer Store Ireland
    Ann McClarman 31 wfe Ireland
    Mary Ann McClarman 12 dau Ireland
    James McClarman 10 son Ireland
    Elizabeth McClarman 6 dau Preston
    William John McClarman 4 son Preston
    Thomas McClarman 2 Preston

Looking at the births on the GRO for the 3 children born Preston Elizabeth is down as McClernan and William John and Thomas are McClarnan. They all have mmn Keeffe.

Emeltee

Hi

If this is your family Emeitee found for you in 1861 here are two of the children with mothers maiden names

Thomas Mcclarnan born 1859 Preston Mothers maiden name KEEFE
    William John Mcclarnan born 1857 Preston Mothers maiden name KEEFE

Anne O'keefe married Hugh McClamon 17 July 1848 in Ireland
    Anne father was Patrick and Hugh's father was James, but it doesn't say what county

Peanut

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi there

Whilst searching for information about my grt grandfather, James McClarnan, I came across this post of yours from a year or so ago. The Anne O'Keefe mentioned is James' mother - my grt grt grandmother.

For some time I have been looking to get any hard information about both his mother and father and was unaware of their wedding date, which you have now provided! Many thanks. Would it be possible for you to tell me how you came by that information as it may well be another avenue I can go down in my research. Also do you have any further information about Anne and Hugh McClarnan (perhaps you are related?) or were you just replying to help a fellow member?

Once again, many thanks. I hope you are still a member here and will see my message

Kind regards
    Spence Chaplin

Hi

Births are from the LancashireBMD (https://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk)
    I found the marriage on my subs site and I am not sure I am allowed to mention it by name send me a line and I will give you the full marriage details although its only states what I sent you

Peanut

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Hi

Births are from the LancashireBMD (https://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk)
    I found the marriage on my subs site and I am not sure I am allowed to mention it by name send me a line and I will give you the full marriage details although its only states what I sent you

Peanut
    Peanut - for clarification:
    You are allowed to say on which site you found any information. What you are not allowed to do is post a link to that site if it Is a commercial company (e.g. Ancestry).

Further, you can freely post in your own words the transcription of any information you found which relates to your family (i.e. information you have paid to access.)
    What you may not do is to copy-and-paste a transcription direct from the site because that would be a breach of copyright.

Hope this makes things a little clearer.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Pam
    Thank you for the information it has helped, I am always a little bit worried about how I can enter a reply if it’s from Ancestry without getting into hot water

Peanut