Thread: COURT

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default COURT

I'm researching the family tree of COURT. George Court my GGG Grandfather b. 1821 Ickham, Kent his father Robert Court. b. abt 1790 Preston, Kent. Any information would be appreciated

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Matchwood,

The 'surname interests' forum is purely for listing the surnames in which you're interested.
    As this query would seem to have its roots firmly in Kent, I've moved it to the Kent forum.
    Any information would be appreciated
    More precise detail about exactly what sort of information you're still looking for would be good and save us duplicating your research. e.g. Have you found them both on the relevant census, their marriages, and children, and their deaths/burials? Such details will help us to help you.
    It sounds as if you're looking for at least their baptisms.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

janbooth

As Pam says in the above post, we could do with what information you already have so we do not duplicate any of it. However, using the census records information as a guideline, a Robert COURT married an Elizabeth SPONG on 28 March 1818 at Preston by Wingham, Kent, so these would seem likely candidates for the parents of your George COURT. There is a baptism at Preston by Wingham, Kent on 28 February 1790 of Robert son of Robert & Elisabeth COURT and one at Preston by Wingham on 30 December 1792 of Elizabeth daughter of George & Mary SPONG. All of these are Transcriptions on Ancestry.

I won't post any further info until we hear back from you.

Janet