Default Charles Astle and Sarah Simpkin

Hello, my ancestors Charles Astle and Sarah Simpkin married in 1832 Wilne Derbyshire.
    They moved to New Zealand and I have traced the family after leaving England.
    I can't seem to find much before 1832.

Charles was born, I have as Feb 1809. What about his father?
    Was his mother Elizabeth?
    Clutching at straws.

Would appreciate any help
    Thank you
    Sharon Astle

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

The 1841 census has Charles and Sarah living in the parish of Draycott according to FMP and Wilne according to Ancestry.
    (Genuki Derbyshire lists them separately as Draycott and Wilne, with the church, St Chad's, being in Wilne.)
    Census ref: HO107/190/14 folio 24 page 18

Charles, 25, wheelwright
    Sarah, 30,
    Thomas, 8
    Mary, 7,
    Harriett, 3
    William, 4 months
    All born in county.
    Surname transcribed on Ancestry as Arth.

in 1841 ages for people over the age of 15 were supposed to be rounded-down to the nearest number divisible by 5, so based on that Charles could have been born between 1812 and 1816.

The bad news is that Wilne/Draycott is a few miles at most from the borders of both Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire so although Charles and Sarah say they were born in Derbyshire they might have only grown up there.
    I haven't investigated Charles born in either of those two counties.

On FamilySearch there's several Charles Astles baptised between 1808 and 1813 in Derbyshire.

FMP have transcriptions for some Derbyshire parishes but not, unfortunately, Wilne.

I haven't checked out FreeREG.

Did you get the possible birth year of 1809 and Charles' mother being Elizabeth from his death certificate?

FamilySearch do have the baptisms of Charles and Sarah's children, all in Wilne.
    Thomas 24 June 1832
    Mary, 19 October 1834.
    Harriott (sic) 30 August 1840
    William 30 August 1840

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”