Loves to help with queries

Default Robert Rand of Brackley

Am looking for the birth of Robert Rand who married Alice French of Merton in Oxfordshire in Finmore in 1673 Robert would have been born between 1640-1660 he may have been born in Brackley .Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

janbooth

The only RAND family I can find in the parish registers of Brackley during the dates you have given for Robert above, is a Conway & Hannah RAND. The first baptism I can find in Brackley is that of a daughter Hannah in 1654 followed by a son Conaway on 10 June 1658 and then nothing else until the burial on 11 April 1681 of a Mr Conaway RAND.

However, I cannot find the marriage of Con(a)way RAND to Hannah on the Northamptonshire Marriage Index, so perhaps neither were native of Brackley. But Conaway RAND's PCC Will is available to download on Ancestry and although he mentions children Conaway, Elizabeth & Hannah, there is no mention of a son Robert.

What may be relevant to you is the PCC Will of a Thomas RAND of Passingham dated 15 December 1654 and proved in 1657 who mentions as one of his 3 youngest sons a Robert RAND. Perhaps worth further investigation.

Janet

Loves to help with queries

I have found his marriage in 1673 in Finmere Oxfordshire to Alice French it says in the register Robert Rand of Brackley but he could have only been living there and not born there . Thank you for your help I will take a look at that will. Best wishes Sue.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

The mention of someone being 'of xyz' always confuses people.
    It merely means 'this person was living in xyz at this particular moment'.
    As you've surmised, it doesn't mean they were born there. They might have been, but not necessarily.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

No Rand marriages from the OxFHs marraige index, 1538-1837, that are early enough to be his Father. There may be a possibility in Bucks, before looking further afield, or more investigation in Northants.

Steve.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.