Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    I registered my telephone number here a few years ago, and now I don't receive any unwanted or unsolicited calls.

https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html
    You're lucky! We still get them from abroad, and I've reported several UK companies for ignoring the Telephone Preference Service - I've had callers insisting that numbers only stay on there for 3 months (rubbish!) and even, "Yes we're aware of that"! when I tell them we're on TPS

the only calls we are getting at the moment are from people claiming to be firms that can stop nuisance calls on your phone. I listen patiently to their intro and as soon as they ask if I am fed up with the nuisance calls I tell them that they are the only ones calling, that no one ever calls me, then I cry. They hang up.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    They target any country.
    I know they do, but the first commenters here were from New Zealand and so am I. Locals have had an absolute deluge of these calls over the last five years or so - so I noted that. Most seem to start at 6pm.

There is no practical way of stopping them from getting through, it seems, so abrupt rudeness is my response. They deserve no less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12