Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Red face Edith Ruth Parnaby Ayers

Hi Everyone,

I just found out on a Birth Certificate that my Great Nanna's name was Edith Ruth Parnaby Ayers
    born: Lowestoft, Suffolk, died Rockingham Western Australia, she never knew her father and i thought
    i would put it out there because we have no idea what her fathers first name was and if anyone
    has heard a story about this it would be great to hear also i have no idea about this family line.

Thanks

Growing old Disgracefully

Start a new post re your Great Grandmothers details that you do know lots of us will help you find information if there is any.

Although you have the birth Certificate a quick look on FreeBMD gives me this
    Births, Mar 1/4, 1915. Ayers Edith R P Ayers Mutford, Suffolk, Vol no 4a, Page no 2111.

If there is no fathers name on Birth Certificate it means the mother was not Married.

Growing old Disgracefully

Edith Ruth went to Australia with Emma Jane Read age 35 and her Children - Henry Francis age 5, Catherine May age 3 and Elizabeth Rosemary age 1.

Emma Jane says she is a Fish worker and lived at 1 Wellington Cottages. Clapham Road.

I looked for a marriage Ayers and Read after 1915 when Edith Ruth was born but not able to find on at the moment. So question who are these folk she went to Australia with ?

Hi
    I have separated this post from the Parnaby thread in the Durham County and now I am going to lock it because you have started a new thread as advised by SandyHall. More than one thread on the same topic causes confusion and frustration if members discover they are providing research already found
    This closed thread is in the Suffolk County forum and its title is Edith Ruth Parnaby Ayers
    I will post a link to it in your new thread.
    Anyone wishing to help please post information here https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...-Parnaby-links
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs