Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alphey of Kent

A poosible burial for Mrs George Alphey number two

Mary Alphey age 83, abode: Little Thomas St, buried 3rd Nov 1830 at St John the Evangelist, Lambeth.
    Alma

janbooth

Bit more information on George ALPHEY which ties in with the information shown on the baptism of Mary Ann where he was described as a Trumpeter. Ancestry have a Chelsea Pensioner Transcription which shows that George was discharged on 26 May 1789, aged 43, birthplace Hannover and that he was a Musician in the Seventh or Queens Own Regiment of Light Dragoons.

I cannot find a baptism for George ALPHEY in Hanover - so far - but there is a baptism at Hanover on 1 January 1749 for a Christina Magdalena ALPHFRY father Johan Heinrich Albrecht ALPHFRY which may be relevant to you. Ancestry have transcribed it as ALPHEY - the actual baptismal record is available to view on Ancestry. Another baptism at Hanover on 1 May 1747 for a Carl Anton father Joh ? ALFRIES - I'm afraid my German is almost non-existent so cannot give you a translation of what is written on the baptismal record. Several other baptisms which may be connected to the same father, so could be worth a look.

Janet

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    George was discharged on 26 May 1789, aged 43
    have we decided yet when George died ? a George Alphey born c. 1747 dies in Devon 1803.

Starting to feel at home

First paragraph would be correct as I had in my notes he was a 'teacher of music'. Not sure where that came from (a long time ago).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123