Famous for offering help & advice

Default Ashfield Council Cemetery Records

I can't find this collection on the new look Ashfield Council website - there used to be images of the councils cemetery records online. Can only provide a link to the current page?

Thanks

Mitch

I can't find it either. I used google and then the 'Welcome to Ashfield cemetery records' link which brought up a 'page not found' note. So I went to the home page and used the alphabet choice at the bottom of the page. C brought up Cemeteries but no references to records and images.
    Maybe send an email and ask what has happened to them?
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

If you've you've got a bookmark to the main page of the records you could try putting it into the Wayback Machine. https://
    archive.org

Though I'd try Christina's suggestion first.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Very quick response from an email to Ashfield council this morning:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the grave books that used to be available to view online are not compatible with the new website. If you would like to let us know the name of the deceased you are looking for and a year or decade of death we will take a look for you."

Such a shame.
    And unfortunately I can't get past the intro page, and 'click here to proceed' on the wayback machine, to even call up the cemeteries index never mind any images, even more sadly

Mitch

Thanks for the updates, Mitch.

As you say, a shame about the books not being compatible with the new website.
    However, kudos to the council for their look-up offer, and for not saying they'll only do it if you cough up a certain number of quid.

Bummer about the Wayback Machine. Though it has limitations, it can sometimes turn up trumps. Did you have an actual URL for the cemeteries index?

Pam

No I didn't for the one I wanted Pam, but google came up with this from the old site for the Huthwaite cemetery (I wanted Hucknall): https://www.ashfield-dc.gov.uk/ashfie...tery=Huthwaite but no luck trying various crops in the wayback machine sadly

(PS My speculative 1920 request hit the nail on the head as they produced a burial for the husband as well - a 'SMITH' four days after the 1911 census at the same address - Bingo )

I suspect that if you alter the Huthwaite ending of that URL to =Hucknall, you'd get the necessary URL, but as neither show up on the Wayback Machine it's irrelevant.

Pleased you got a successful reply (and a bonus!) to your burial query.

Pam

Just for the record, the Ashfield Cemetery Registers are back online on the council website: https://www2.ashfield.gov.uk/ashfiel...ries/index.php