Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Barns farm lane Army camp

Hi I'm new to this so here goes I'm looking for information and possibly pictures or people who served at the barns farm army camp during WW2 and national service Sullington near storrington west sussex as far as I know this was an anti aircraft searchlight station until the end of the war the continued as a National service camp until the late 50s early 60s any help would be great

A quick search on Google produced a lot of hits, and specifying images turned up photos and a map of the site.

Apparently the No 5 Polish Hospital was there from 1946.

Default Barnes Farm Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tinticker View Post
    Hi I'm new to this so here goes I'm looking for information and possibly pictures or people who served at the barns farm army camp during WW2 and national service Sullington near storrington west sussex as far as I know this was an anti aircraft searchlight station until the end of the war the continued as a National service camp until the late 50s early 60s any help would be great
    I remember when the camp was used to train Anti Aircraft Radar Operators. In 1951 I took two cardres of National Service recruits through for operator training on the (then) new AA radar No 3 Mk 7 and the Canadian built AA radar No 4 Mk 6.

I have very pleasant memories of my two short periods in the Storington area and have a few pics of what remained of the camp when I re visited the place in 2010, I believe. Cheers Brian

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Barns farm army camp

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mendes View Post
    I remember when the camp was used to train Anti Aircraft Radar Operators. In 1951 I took two cardres of National Service recruits through for operator training on the (then) new AA radar No 3 Mk 7 and the Canadian built AA radar No 4 Mk 6.

I have very pleasant memories of my two short periods in the Storington area and have a few pics of what remained of the camp when I re visited the place in 2010, I believe. Cheers Brian
    Hi Brian,
    sorry it has taken me so long to reply I had completely forgoten about the post I am a metal detectorist and have been detecting the camp for years all my finds are now in a WW2 museum called the Wings museum.
    I have found a large amount of finds on the camp mainly Royal Artillary badges plus coins and a US army dog tag but I cannot find any pictures of the camp as it was, there is an animal feed shop that is in the old head quarters building and some of the nissan huts are still there.
    I hope you get this and again sorry it has taken me so long to reply
    all the best Andy