Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

Not so far, but I have found a couple of Gloucestershire Prison records for a Zaccheus JELLYMAN/JELLYMORE convicted on 6 August 1821, aged 28, of trying to obtain wages in advance and sentenced to 3 months in gaol and convicted on 26 March 1826, aged 32, of selling embezzled cloth and sentenced to six days.

Ah found him in the 1841 census of Penkridge (HO107/973/7, folio 24, page 5/6) shown as Zaccheus FELIMAN with wife Mary and presumably children Charles, Edwin, Samuel & Caroline.

Janet

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Not so far, but I have found a couple of Gloucestershire Prison records for a Zaccheus JELLYMAN/JELLYMORE convicted on 6 August 1821, aged 28, of trying to obtain wages in advance and sentenced to 3 months in gaol and convicted on 26 March 1826, aged 32, of selling embezzled cloth and sentenced to six days.

Ah found him in the 1841 census of Penkridge (HO107/973/7, folio 24, page 5/6) shown as Zaccheus FELIMAN with wife Mary and presumably children Charles, Edwin, Samuel & Caroline.

Janet
    Yeah, I've had a look at the Gloucestershire Prison records. The family seems to have a little bit of a problem with embezzling cloth!

Anyhow, thank you so much for getting your hands on the 1841 census!

janbooth

Glad to be of help. The Enumerator definitely notated him as FELIMAN but luckily searching for Zaccheus didn't bring up many candidates!

Janet

Starting to feel at home

Glad to be of help. The Enumerator definitely notated him as FELIMAN but luckily searching for Zaccheus didn't bring up many candidates!

Janet
    I've seen the surname Jelliman spelt so many different ways - goodness knows what the original spelling was!

On another note, I've been looking in Diedamia Jelliman, who married John Webb in 1798, and then James Weaving in 1807?
    She seems to only have one son, William Webb, with her first husband. Or at least I can't find any other children in Gloucestershire baptisms from either marriage.
    I've also got in a death record that notes that she died in 1847, but I can't find her in the 1841 census?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

janbooth

Well, I am coming up with a big fat zero for Diedamia WEAVING in the 1841 census, I'm afraid. I can find her death registration, namely Dedimiah WEAVING in the March qtr 1847 at Stroud reg district but I cannot find a burial record for her nor can I find her in the 1841 census. I have found an 1851 census record for a James WEAVING (HO107/1964, folio 268, page 14) in Painswick which states he is a 74 year old widower, ex Weaver born Horsley, living at Stroud End with son John born c1817 in Randwick and James' brother Frederick, but I cannot find this family in the 1841 census either to check whether he is the James WEAVING who married Diedamia, although I think this James WEAVING is more likely to be the one who married Hannah CLIFT at Stonehouse in 1815 as there is a baptism of a John WEAVING in 1817 at Stonehouse parents James & Hannah.

Sorry, I have failed miserably with this one so far, but will keep looking.

Janet

Starting to feel at home

Well, I am coming up with a big fat zero for Diedamia WEAVING in the 1841 census, I'm afraid. I can find her death registration, namely Dedimiah WEAVING in the March qtr 1847 at Stroud reg district but I cannot find a burial record for her nor can I find her in the 1841 census. I have found an 1851 census record for a James WEAVING (HO107/1964, folio 268, page 14) in Painswick which states he is a 74 year old widower, ex Weaver born Horsley, living at Stroud End with son John born c1817 in Randwick and James' brother Frederick, but I cannot find this family in the 1841 census either to check whether he is the James WEAVING who married Diedamia, although I think this James WEAVING is more likely to be the one who married Hannah CLIFT at Stonehouse in 1815 as there is a baptism of a John WEAVING in 1817 at Stonehouse parents James & Hannah.

Sorry, I have failed miserably with this one so far, but will keep looking.

Janet
    Well, thank you for giving it a shot!

It's so hard to tell! Especially with misspelled names!

Diedamia only had one son with her first husband, and none that I can find in James Weaving. Seems rather odd for the time period, especially as most of her relations had 5+ children!

I'll keep searching too, and will keep you posted!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12