Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

10 days seems a long gap before registration, even knocking a couple of days off for Christmas.
    The death occurred on Friday 21 Dec
    Sat /sun
    Monday 24 Christmas Eve
    Tues 25 Christmas Day
    Wed 26 Boxing Dat
    Thu 27
    Fri 28 date of Cremation / Burial
    Sat /sun
    Mon 31 Certificate signed

I seem to recall a green certificate ( and not necessarily the death certificate ) was required by the undertaker and was sufficient to allow the funeral to take place.

In the instance of my late brother who died in May 2002, cremated June, a death certificate was not ordered by the Coroner until Sept 2002. Yet the deed had been done!!!!

Famous for offering help & advice

Thanks genius, yes it seems that a Green Certificate then is adequate to deal with a funeral and a Death Certificate is not entirely necessary for that process!

Reputation beyond repute

a Green Certificate then is adequate to deal with a funeral
    As covered in message #3. It is known as the "green form". There are variants which may be issued by the coroner - Order for Burial and Certificate for Cremation.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    10 days seems a long gap before registration, even knocking a couple of days off for Christmas.

As I understand it, the normal procedure is that the registrar issues the green form as part of the registration procedure. The green form allows the undertaker to proceed.
    Sorry Peter, I perhaps misconstrued your comment in post 3 to read you got the green form when registering the death - we are saying you can go and get a green form without obtaining the actual Death Certificate at the same time - seems to be lengthening the whole process even more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12