Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Megan , thanks for your e-mail. I will keep searching. I think I will take a trip to London next year to the Metropolitan archives to see if they reveal any clues. I thought it would be much easier than this, it's so frustrating. Thanks for your help, Megan. Chinch

Brick wall demolition expert!

I doubt if the Metropolitan Archives will hold anything of use. If she was from Buckinghamshire I would look at the county record office:

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/leisure-an...shire-studies/

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply. I have tried the Centre for Buckingham Studies and they say they don't hold these records. Actually, nobody seems to hold them and I have been passed around from one place to another ,getting nowhere. I have never heard of that book, what a title for a book! I will try and get hold of it and see if it can give me some pointers. Thanks so much for your help. Chinch.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Jan, thank you for your reply to my e-mail. I too found the Edith G. Woodbridge , Mother's maiden name, Woodbridge and sent for the Birth Certificate only to find it was a different Mother, not Mabel. What a coincidence, same name, same place, same situation. I think Mabel only had one Daughter before she married in 1921 and then she had another Daughter with her Husband.
    I know about the 1939 Register and I sent for the Marriage Certificate to see if the witnesses provided a clue . The witnesses were Gladys' Husband's Mother and Brother. If Gladys had grown up in Birmingham I thought that she may have had friends as witnesses and perhaps bridesmaids but I don't know if she had bridesmaids. Gladys never spoke of her life as a child so this has been a complete mystery and I don't know of anyone who can tell me anything about her. Thank you for looking for me, I do appreciate the help everyone is giving. Chinch.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Peter, sorry, I think I posted a reply on the wrong response! I have tried the Centre For Buckinghamshire Studies and they say they don't hold these records as do the other places I have contacted. I will take a look at the book you mention. I have not heard of that book before, what a title! Hopefully, it will give me some pointers. Thanks so much for your help. Chinch.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Megan, I have tried the county record office and they don't have the court records. I thought the LMA would be able to tell me if Gladys was at Banstead . If she was taken from Mabel around the time she would have been ready to start school and at that time she may have been living in Kensington I thought that she possibly could have been sent there. It's so difficult not knowing where Mabel lived after having Gladys and if she really did keep her. I have been told that she may have lived in Pottery lane later on, possibly with her Mother-in-Law and I imagine life would have been pretty tough . Before this time, would she have been able to support a baby alone? I hope that the 1921 census will help me with some of the questions I have but it's a long way off yet.
    I apologise if I am not replying to everyone's e-mails in the right way. I am clicking on reply underneath the relevant post but it seems to be posting my reply elsewhere! Anyway, thanks again for your help, Megan. Chinch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12