Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loves to help with queries

Thank you for your reply, I have checked his will - very short and to the point and sadly with no mention of burial instructions which is annoying. Until the will I found no connection with Mangotsfield. It was mentioned as a sidenote on his will 'formerly of Mangotsfield, but now of Bristol'. He couldn't simply have vanished I'm sure

A fountain of knowledge

Have you tried contacting Bristol & Avon Famly History Society? This is their page about Mangotsfield

I haven't as yet, but both are on my list of places to check. I'm assuming there are no transcripts of Bristol burials online. I've checked on Ancestry but no luck. Thanks

A fountain of knowledge

B&AFHS has pages about burials in the area click on the Mongotsfield link in post #12 above and then >Local Burials>Burial Data. I think you'll find something of interest.

Hmm, thank you for that, I've followed the links but unless I'm missing something I'm not quite sure what you mean???

A fountain of knowledge

Sorry I only had quick scan and saw links at bottom of page to burials index and memorial inscription inquiries but just discovered the first link doesn't work. How prominant was Nathaniel in Bristol? Could there be MI somewhere? That was my thinking.

No worries, I had a look through all the available options on that site but still no sign of him. I have the impression that the family was fairly well known hence the mentions in the newspapers. Thank you so much for looking for me though, hopefully it will turn up at some stage

Knowledgeable and helpful

Have you included non-conformist churches in your search? Have you enquired of Bristol Record Office or looked at their catalogue to see what they might have for St Paul's? pwholt

Yes I have tried non-conformist, BRO is my next port of call. I'm beginning to think that Nathaniel was buried elsewhere for some unknown reason, but there's nothing on the NBI for him around that time, so it's a bit of a mystery really!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12