Starting to feel at home

Default William and Sarah Bartram

I'm now a little further on thanks to your assistance, I have James Bartrams (my great great grandfather) parents John Bartram 1801 -1878 and Hannah Pallet 1807-? Married on 14/09/1829. I think I have Johns parents William Bartram and Sarah Bett Married on 12/08/1783 but at this point I am stuck again. It looks as though this side of my family is not going to get any easier, as always your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Death for Hannah
    Hannah Bartram June 1878 aged 75 Mansfield Nottinghamshire.

Note sure I have the correct Bartrams though...could you point to them on 41 census please

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by valg View Post
    Death for Hannah
    Hannah Bartram June 1878 aged 75 Mansfield Nottinghamshire.

Note sure I have the correct Bartrams though...could you point to them on 41 census please
    have read previous threads so this death is almost cert not her.

Starting to feel at home

In the 1841 Census Hannah appears to be in Chorley, Staffordshire living with the Arnott family, with her 9 month old daughter Emma. Thanks

janbooth

1851 census of Wigginton, Staffordshire (HO107/2013, folio 292, page 10):

John BARTRAM Head Mar 45 Ag Lab Coleshill
    Hannah do Wife Mar 43 Stafford Wigginton
    Ann do Daur 9 do do
    William do Son 6 do do
    James do Son 4 do do
    Elizabeth do Daur 1 do do

Is this your family? Ancestry have them transcribed as BARHAM. If I have the correct family, Hannah BARTRAM must have died between 1851 and 1861 as John is described as a widower in the 1861 census of Wigginton. FindmyPast, a pay per view site, have the actual parish register burial of Hannah BARTRAM at Wigginton in 1860 aged 50. They also have the actual baptismal image at Tamworth St Editha in 1810 for a Hannah PALLET and also the actual marriage image for John & Hannah in 1829 - can't give you full details I'm afraid because of their terms and conditions.

As for John BARTRAM, his burial record, also on FMP, shows his age at death as 88, which does not tie in with census records which give his dob as variously between 1801-1808, but his place of birth is consistently given as Coleshill, Warwickshire. The parish records of Coleshill are available to view on Ancestry and if you are not a subscriber you may be able to view them at your local Library. Looking through them, I can find no baptism for a John BARTRAM between 1790 and 1810, but there is a baptism on 16 June 1799 for a John son of Thomas & Mary BARTLAM and I cannot find a burial or a subsequent marriage for this John in Warwickshire - so far!

How did you arrive at William & Sarah being the parents of your John as I cannot find a William & Sarah with a connection to Coleshill?

Janet

Starting to feel at home

Janet, thank you for your help. It seems that I am easily led up the wrong path here. You are quite right, it isn't William and Sarah who were Johns parents. After checking back it seems that his father is Thomas, so could well be the Thomas and Mary Bartlam you have found. Thanks again.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Janet

How did you arrive at William & Sarah being the parents of your John as I cannot find a William & Sarah with a connection to Coleshill?
    John Bartram bp 26 June 1803 Saint Mary,Stafford

Have a look at the previous thread https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...hlight=bartram
    JulPre thought John's parents were William & Sarah, however no one responded to the post!

I have John BARTRAM b 1805 Coleshill to Hannah PALLETT married 14 Feb 1829 Tamworth. I agree with your 1851 Census.

There are 2 John BARTRAM family's in the area.....

HO107; Piece: 981; Book: 8; Civil Parish: Tamworth; County: Staffordshire; Enumeration District: 9; Folio: 6; Page: 7; Line: 5;
    John Bartram 37
    Thomas Bartram 11
    Edward Bartram 7
    John Bartram 5

Living nearby is a Dorothy PALLETT aged 80 on charity ( maybe Hannah PALLETT's rellie)

John Bartram
    Estimated birth year: abt 1808
    Registration Year: 1876
    Registration Quarter: Oct-Nov-Dec
    Age at Death: 68
    Registration district: West Bromwich ( family moved to West Brom)
    Volume: 6b Page: 444