Brick wall demolition expert!

Default Jurisdiction in Dutch Ports?

I was looking at the HO 27 series "Home Office: criminal registers, England and Wales, 1805-1892" and was surprised to see in the County of Lincoln in 1823 under the July Session for the "Ports of Holland".

Presumably this goes back to William of Orange, but when did it cease? Or am I just completely barking up the wrong tree?

I think that it says "parts", not "ports". The "o"s all close at the top..
    Holland is/was one of the subdivisions of Lincs - the others were/are Lindsey and Kesteven

Famous for offering help & advice

Wrong tree, I'm afraid.

To add a little to what Lesley wrote (while I was drafting this), Lincolnshire as we generally refer to it (ie before bits were hacked off in 1974) was historically split into three parts - Lindsey, Kesteven and Holland - and the official name of each of those was "Parts of Holland (or whichever)". The names of these old divisions are still found in the modern council areas; Holland is the southern part of the county, and the main towns are Boston and Spalding.

Arthur

Brick wall demolition expert!

Thank you to both of you.

My knowledge continues to expand.

One of the many schools I went to was "Sleaford & Kesteven High School" so it stuck in my memory...