Thread: Good Morning

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Good Morning

Hi to you all, I have joined this site in the hope of gaining some help/advice on tracing any records of my Grand Father Walter Timson, mainly his 1WW records and circumstances of his MM award.

Welcome to British Genealogy! You should be warned that family history research is quite addictive....
    Have a wander round, then choose a suitable forum (WW1?) and tell us what you know about him - any info (regiment, age, number?) anything that would make him stand out from the crowd.

Default TIMSON FAMILES OF WARE, HERTFORDSHIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Timson View Post
    Hi to you all, I have joined this site in the hope of gaining some help/advice on tracing any records of my Grand Father Walter Timson, mainly his 1WW records and circumstances of his MM award.
    Hello Paul! Hopefully you are still active on this forum, and perhaps have made some progress since you posted your message. My husband Graham is a descendant of Henry Timson and Rebecca Chapman, his great great grandma was Martha Timson, her son John Peter Jackson by father as yet unknown is his great grandad. I have researched his Timson family quite extensively and haven't yet come across a Walter Timson, but he may be a cousin in a branch I haven't yet explored.

Happy to share what we know, and if you are able to give me more information about Walter (date and place of birth etc) I may be able to help if you are still stuck.

Best Wishes, Elaine and Graham