Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Settling in

Smile Hollands and Beardsleys of Ockbrook

Hi Pat
    It doesn't sound like our Hollands are related as my relative died in Ockbrook 1864. There could however be a
    link with Thomas Holland since they were both publicans and may have been friends.

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I don't have any other detail of the burial of Thomas Holland, it was just a comment from a friend who visited the graveyard to take a photo of Isaac's headstone. I haven't been on line for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by PatMcCoy View Post

I'm still waiting to hear back from my informant with documentation on the connection to Anne of York, Duchess of Exeter.

Can anyone help with verifying his British birth? Thanks!
    Henry Holland, 3rd Duke of Exeter, had quite a history including his mysterious death, found drowned off the coast at Dover. But every avenue checked confirms the birth of a daughter only before his divorce in 1462 and forfeiting his estates to Anne.

Re. Otto Holland's birth https://edlers.org/pers/AP/10bholl.pdf are you looking to challenge the various "probables"?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

PatMcCoy

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    Henry Holland, 3rd Duke of Exeter, had quite a history including his mysterious death, found drowned off the coast at Dover. But every avenue checked confirms the birth of a daughter only before his divorce in 1462 and forfeiting his estates to Anne.

Re. Otto Holland's birth https://edlers.org/pers/AP/10bholl.pdf are you looking to challenge the various "probables"?

Thanks! I'm trying to determine where my informant got her information as I have not seen any official documents for anything. I tend to be a bit "anal" when I try to verify, verify, verify.

PatMcCoy

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-history View Post
    Hi Pat
    It doesn't sound like our Hollands are related as my relative died in Ockbrook 1864. There could however be a
    link with Thomas Holland since they were both publicans and may have been friends.

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I don't have any other detail of the burial of Thomas Holland, it was just a comment from a friend who visited the graveyard to take a photo of Isaac's headstone. I haven't been on line for a while.
    Thanks for letting me know. It looks like I have another mystery on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by PatMcCoy View Post
    as I have not seen any official documents for anything
    Does this apply simply to the parentage of Thomas Holland 1461- 1540? That is, you are comfortable with the documentation for Elizabeth 1689 back (#7)?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

PatMcCoy

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    Does this apply simply to the parentage of Thomas Holland 1461- 1540? That is, you are comfortable with the documentation for Elizabeth 1689 back (#7)?
    Thanks! I'm questioning the parentage of Thomas HOLLAND (1461-1540) as I really have no idea who his parents really are. My informant is under the impression that he is related to the Duke and Duchess of Exeter and I keep having to say "No" because the Duke and Duchess never had a son.

What I have is this:

Elizabeth HOLLAND (1689-1747) in Maryland Colony; she married Philip PINDELL, Sr. (They are my 5th Great-Grandparents).
    Elizabeth's parents are: Otho HOLLAND, Sr. and Mehitabel LARKIN (My 6th Great-Grandparents, verified in PINDELL book.)
    Otho's parents are: William HOLLAND and Unknown Wife. (Not sure how to find out who William HOLLAND married and verify this.)
    William's parents are: Francis Gabriel HOLLAND and Mary PINKEY (Still need verification)
    Francis' parents are: John Philemon HOLLAND and Unknown Wife. (Not sure how to find out who John Philemon HOLLAND married.)
    John's parents are: Henry HOLLAND, Jr. and Unknown Wife. (Not sure how to find out who Henry HOLLAND, Jr. married.)
    Henry's parents are: Henry HOLLAND, Sr. and Unknown Wife. (Not sure how to find out who Henry HOLLAND, Sr. married.)
    Henry's parents are: Thomas HOLLAND and Unknown Wife. (Not sure how to find out who Thomas HOLLAND married.)
    The parents of Thomas HOLLAND are questionable. Definitely NOT the Duke and Duchess of Exeter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12