Thread: FTM Support

Brick wall demolition expert!

Default FTM Support

Peter Calver of Lost Cousins has helpfully provided a link to the company that has taken over FTM support from Ancestry.

Because of EU Data Protection rules Ancestry could not pass over details of European owners of FTM software to the new company, Software MacKiev, so that they could make direct contact, to let us know about upgrades.

If you want to register with them:

https://www.mackiev.com/ftmeurope/index.html

Brick wall demolition expert!

Following on from my email above, I registered my details with the new company and have just had an email from them which has some interesting news which I thought I would share.

When Ancestry originally announced that they were no longer going to support FTM they implied that the SYNC feature, which many of us like and use, would disappear at the end of this year. This is not now going to happen. The new owners and Ancestry are working on a new SYNC technology which will at some point replace the existing feature.

I have no doubt when that happens we will lots of hiccups and grumbles, including from me, but we usually get used to these new fangled things, and hopefully something will be better than nothing!