Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking at the GRO site the details for Sarah Hughes death Sept 1/4 1863 is for a 66 year old woman so not your Sarah however there is a death reg for a Sarah Ann Hughes age 21 registration district Lambeth June 1/4, vol 1d page 255
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

A fountain of knowledge

Dear Christina

Re your posting No. 10 you say
    "The details are those from the GRO as transcibed on FreeBMD so are not the registration details from the local Lambeth office. So if you are thinking of ordering the death certificate you order it from the GRO here"

Thanks so much for shedding some light on this but, and apologies for asking, I don't quite understand. Do you mean that Lambeth
    might hold this certificate but that they wouldn't have it with that reference? If so how would I ask them or the GRO to find it
    although I have now seen your post 11 in which you say the person is 66 years old so not my Sarah Hughes? But just for future
    reference? I have always ordered certificates direct from the Registrar.

You say you looked at the GRO site - is that freely available or do you have to be a member?

Thanks for info on a Sarah Ann - Lambeth also said No Trace to that but I note you found she is 21 so wrong age!

Very many thanks
    Jill

Hi
    The GRO index site where they now give the mother's maiden name for births and the age for deaths is free but you have to sign up. Local districts such as Lambeth had different registration numbers from that of the central GRO. Just google GRO uk.
    Be aware that the age of death may be indicating years or it could be months. For some reason they don't say which it is.
    Late here so now to sleep.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

A fountain of knowledge

Dear Christina

Very many thanks for your further help. It is wonderful to have the link you gave which I have yet to explore
    but will certainly make life a lot easier!
    Best wishes
    Jill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12