Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Well spotted Christina , I dont have the book, I was away in Europe when the author Oswald Jackson interviewed everybody for the book. My sister has a copy and My father and all his decendents including myself are in it. I have visited and photographed Grootfontein farm. Unfortunately all the brothers have passed now. I will try to borrow her book when Im next home. It was for that reason that I thought surely after the extensive research done they would have listed her as SA born.This Irish birth didnt come from nowhere! Im like a dog with a bone now, hope we can find the answers.

Mona actually the last thing written on the bottom is the year of birth and it states 1896 (estimated) thats why I commented on it.

Famous for offering help & advice

William Johannes thompson Jooste, died in 1941 age 77 years, in Beaufort West. Birthplace: Cape Province.

Death certificate on family search

Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post
    William Johannes thompson Jooste, died in 1941 age 77 years, in Beaufort West. Birthplace: Cape Province.

Death certificate on family search
    So that gives him a birth date around 1864. Again a stretch of common parentage with a difference of 30 years between W J T's birth and Frances' but could be an uncle, or possibly father?
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

thanks for that Christina.. I cant seem to find stuff on familysearch. Possibly her uncle .. because if it was her father why was she a deVilliers? any other Thompson Joostes on family search?

Quote Originally Posted by belladonnas View Post
    thanks for that Christina.. I cant seem to find stuff on familysearch. Possibly her uncle .. because if it was her father why was she a deVilliers? any other Thompson Joostes on family search?
    She could have been illegitimate so had her mother's maiden name as her surname and the Thompson given as a middle name to acknowledge her birth father. Other reasons too I'm sure. Her parents may have given her the middle name Thompson as an expression of gratitude or admiration for W J T Jooste (or an other).

Christina
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by belladonnas View Post
    thanks the info I have is just her marriage to her spouses.
    1. to Melville Jackson probably in London
    2. Her marriage to my grandfather in Cape Province South Africa , Robert Stanley Jackson Lived in Beaufort West
    Ok back to basics.

1. Do you have your father's birth certificate? Is this where you got the information for Frances' maiden name?
    2. How do you know Frances was married to a Melville Jackson? Marriage record sited? Any children known to this marriage?
    There is no marriage in England or Wales showing for a Melville Jackson to a Frances (?)
    I see the baptism of Robert Stanley Jackson on familysearch.org 30 March 1890 and the birth of his daughter Dorette Standon 13 April 1936. Mother Katharina Primadonna. What aren't showing are his marriage records to your grandmother and Katharina

Christina
    William Burroughs

Well Christina a whole new scenario presented itself via my hints in Ancestry.com this morning.

I will paste it here. I see where the date of birth came from and the Dublin birth. I do know my fater and his brother were not very kindly when mentioning the melville jacksons and I also remember my father mentioning Lilian (as a troublemaker in the family). So she really was married before and she did have two other children. Can you help me unpick this ball of wool. Ill attach what came up on Ancestry

Can you give me the link to Robert Stanleys baptism. Katerina Primdonna was his second wife after Frances died. their only daughter was Dorette. I also would like to find Robert stanleys marriage cert to Frances because that would have details.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast