Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum Katie and Jan.
    Please do not put active email addresses on the forum. As part of our anti-spam system, they have to be broken. We have an off-screen personal message (PM) service that many members find useful, you just need the user name of the member you want to contact. You will find it if you click on "Notifications" on the horizontal bar at the top of this screen, then it's on the drop down medal. It's secure enough for your email addresses.

Another way of sending a private message (pm) is to click on the user name of the person you want to contact (in one of their messages) and from the drop down menus click on "Private message" which is third down in the list.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Jan. I am thrilled by this news. I am starting on this family tree journey and would be thrilled to receive anything you would be willing to share. My father Mike died in February this year and it’s a journey he had started to look at before his (unexpected) death. We have NOTHING at all relating to Stan and neither did Dad. Nor anything in fact related to any side of his Hamblett/Bennett family. I have joined ancestry.co.uk so if there is a “tree” you could point me to on there (if that’s the genealogy route your cousins have taken)

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Please can u advise why me public message is not showing in response to Jan. I have also private messaged her. I presume you moderate public responses which is great as I seem to have replied 3 times,

I have dealt with the duplicate posts, and it all looks ok now. Why the problem arose in the first place, I have no idea, but sometimes the system is a bit slow to react. I find it’s useful to give it a couple of minutes to catch up.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you so much. And .... duplication was totally my fault,

We’ve all made a mistake at some time..

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Katie. My family tree on Ancestry is called HutsonNew I’ve made my tree public so you should be able to access it. Only my maternal side of the tree contains the Hambletts. There’s about 290 people on there and some of them are my husbands family so you will have to hunt out the names you want. I’m so glad to have made contact with you because over the years I wondered about Stan’s family. I have an Auntie in Caernarfon, Nora Williams, who would have been Stan’s niece, it was her son Lyndon who tracked down Stan’s war records because he lives in London. I live in Warrington, Cheshire, where Stan and the Hambletts were born. You should be able to find some photos on my tree.
    I’m so sorry to hear about your dad, I bet he would have enjoyed knowing about Stan’s airforce career.
    Let me know if you need any help.
    Kind regards , your new distant cousin Jan xx
    P.S. we have a large family in USA.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Hi Katie. My family tree on Ancestry is called HutsonNew I’ve made my tree public so you should be able to access it. Only my maternal side of the tree contains the Hambletts. There’s about 290 people on there and some of them are my husbands family so you will have to hunt out the names you want. I’m so glad to have made contact with you because over the years I wondered about Stan’s family. I have an Auntie in Caernarfon, Nora Williams, who would have been Stan’s niece, it was her son Lyndon who tracked down Stan’s war records because he lives in London. I live in Warrington, Cheshire, where Stan and the Hambletts were born. You should be able to find some photos on my tree.
    I’m so sorry to hear about your dad, I bet he would have enjoyed knowing about Stan’s airforce career.
    Let me know if you need any help.
    Kind regards , your new distant cousin Jan xx
    P.S. we have a large family in USA.
    Fabulous, I will link up on the tree. I have private messaged you with my email address. Would you be able to email some photos to me too.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

By the way, our father (I have a sister Sally.... remained in Staffordshire. My Mum, sisters family and my family are also still in staffordshire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12