Knowledgeable and helpful

Default James William Humphreys SCOTLAND

For anyone with James in their family tree ...........................

Have you seen the book "Venture the Far Horizon" by E E Harvie published in 1966?

I bought this book recently and it contains descriptions of James' flying career. The book was dedicated to Mabel Louisa SCOTLAND.

And inside my copy is a single page that was prepared using a typewriter some years ago. It appears to be extracts from James' Flight Log beginning in August 1913 at John Lawrence Hall's Flying School in Hendon.

Happy to share.

David

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by David Tuson View Post
    For anyone with James in their family tree ...........................

Have you seen the book "Venture the Far Horizon" by E E Harvie published in 1966?

I bought this book recently and it contains descriptions of James' flying career. The book was dedicated to Mabel Louisa SCOTLAND.

And inside my copy is a single page that was prepared using a typewriter some years ago. It appears to be extracts from James' Flight Log beginning in August 1913 at John Lawrence Hall's Flying School in Hendon.

Happy to share.

David
    Hello David

I am the great-grand-nephew of JWH Scotland so am quite interested in what you have.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Mary Louise Scotland was my great-aunt. Her daughters and their families still live in NZ.