Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Settling in

Default Love Family history

Love family. My earliest ancestor is Robert Love, b: abt 1725 at Wiltshire, England married Ann Barlett b: abt 1735 also at Wiltshire, England. Son Edward b:1760, m: Sarah Pledger on 17 sep, 1781, d: 1849 at Midhurst, Sussex, England. Their son Edward, b:14 Apr,1788 at Midhurst, Sussex, England, m: Hannah Clisson on 08 Nov, 1812 at Hampshire, England, d: Oct 1882 at Yorkshire North Riding, England. Their Son,(my Great-Great-Grandfather) Edward b:1814 at West Harting, Sussex,England, d:1868 m: Lucy Pay. T heir Son William b:29 Jan, 1845 at West Harting, Sussex, England m: Sarah McIntosh formerly Small emigrated the family to Pennsylvania, Pa. Their son William, my Grandfather was born on 28 Jan, 1876 at Poplar, Middlesex,England England. Both William Sr , William Jr and Joseph Small (Sarah's Father) worked in the glass factory in London.

Any info on this family, burial locations, relatives, etc will be much appreciated. Thanks, Jim Hart

Their son Edward, b:14 Apr,1788 at Midhurst, Sussex, England, m: Hannah Clisson on 08 Nov, 1812 at Hampshire, England, d: Oct 1882 at Yorkshire North Riding, England
    On FreeBMD there are two death registrations in the December 1/4 for an Edward Love. One is in the registration district of Midhurst age 94 vol 2b page 237. The other is in the registration district of Middlesbro' vol 9d page 237, again age 94.
    However Middlesbro' is in italics and this is what FreeBMD say about this entry
    "The page number is not within the range expected for the district. Note that there a number of possible reasons for this, including an error in the district, the page, the volume, the date or the type of entry."
    I looked at the original typed image for the Middlesbro' entry and it quite clearly says Midhurst vol 2b page 237. How itcame to be transcribed as Middlesbro' I don't know but it makes more sense that Edward would have died in the area in which he had lived all his life, not in Yorkshire.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Settling in

Default Love Family History

Thanks for your quick reply. I think you are right about Edward Love's place of death being Midhurst. I wondered about the Yorkshire site when I first came across it. It just didn't make sense. I need to study and better understand the geography of England. The age 94 is different than what I have though.
    Jim

Growing old Disgracefully

" Their Son,(my Great-Great-Grandfather) Edward b:1814 at West Harting, Sussex, England, d:1868 m: Lucy Pay."

Where did you find he died in 1868 as
    I have found Edward and Lucy on the census 1851, 1861 and 1871 in Harting, Sussex, England.

They also have a son Edward born abt 1842 Harting, Sussex, England. 1851 and 1861 census

Hi
    The nearest birth for a Robert Love Wiltshire I could find is
    Year: 1722
    Date : June 3
    Surname: Love
    Forename: Robert
    Relationship: S.
    Parents: Robert and Mary
    Born: May 26
    Parish: Bishopstone Wiltshire

If this your Roberts there is a marriage for Robert to Mary in Bishopstone

Man's Surname ......Love
    Man's Forename .......Robert
    Man's Occupation .......... Husb.
    Man's Place of Abode Bishopstone Wiltshire

Woman's Surname ....Hill
    Woman's Forename...... Mary
    Woman's Place of Abode....Wantage (Grove) berks.
    Woman's Status ......Sp.
    Bondsman 1...Heading Thomas Husb. Grove Wantage
    Bondsman 2 ...... Winterborne Thomas Grove Wantage
    Marriage Details : Wantage , Jan. 4 1722

Peanut

Marriage for Robert Love, Ann Bartlett, 14 Aug 1757 - Wanborough, Wiltshire, England.

Baptism for Robert Love, 7 Sep 1749 - Wanborough, Wiltshire, England. Father Robert Love

Baptism Edward Love 7 Jun 1761 - Wanborough, Wiltshire, England. Father Robart Love

Marriage for Edward Love and Sarah Pledger 17 Sep 1781 - Harting,Sussex,England

Settling in

Hi, I can't figure out where the 1868 death date came from. You are correct he does show in the 1872 census with Lucy. Sorry, My error.
    jim

Settling in

Thanks for the reply. I agree with your dates except maybe the baptism of Robert, 7 sep1749. Could this have been a late Baptism for Robert that was born abt 1725? Jim

Settling in

Hi Peanut, This could very well be my Robert. I had estimated his birth about 1725. Location is correct. I did have his father as Robert B; abt 1690 but nothing else. Thanks for your response. Jim

2 Robert Love's born with father Robert Love, one in 1749, WANBOROUGH, WILTSHIRE, ENGLAND and one in 1759, WANBOROUGH, WILTSHIRE, ENGLAND.

Family Search has no mothers names for them.

Others I have found in WANBOROUGH, WILTSHIRE, ENGLAND are

John (suspect as born before Marriage) abt 1747
    Edward abt 1760 death abt 1849
    Another Edward abt 1761 death abt 1764
    Mary abt 1764
    Henry abt 1768 death abt 1771
    Thomas death 1787

Possible 2 Family's both with father Robert Love in WANBOROUGH, WILTSHIRE, ENGLAND
    and these 2 are his children
    John 1747
    Robert 1749

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast