Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Settling in

Hi Sandy, Since my original post on 26 sep on my Love family a lot has changed. I followed your advice and got my ggrandfather's birth certificate which showed his mother's maiden name to be Ward. After much research I found that his mother was Mary Ann Ward formerly Tracey. I found were she was previously married to Robert ward in 1831 and had children, two of which showed in the 1851 census with Edward Love and Ann Love and my Ggrandfather William. I also found her place of birth, West Bergholt, Essex and her parents Amos and Lucy. Here is a recap of my Love tree as it now stands for any that are interested.

My mother Sarah Louise Love b:10 may 1906 USA, Her father William bec 1874 Middlesex, England m:Susannah Martha Heffran, William's father William Love b:25 mar 1846 m: Sarah McIntosh formerly Small, His father Edward b:1820 Enfield Middlesex, England (D;1875 Union Workhouse,Leytonstone essex), m: Mary Ann Ward formerly Tracey, his father Edward b:1792 Christening, Essex, England m:Elizabeth Golding, His father Edward Love b: 1766 m: Mary Symonds b:1765 and next his father William Love b:1737 m: Catherine?

Thanks again for all your help. Jim

Hi
    Thanks for coming back and updating your findings on your Love family.
    It is very satisfying when things fall into place isn't it?
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Settling in

Hi Christina, It's great to break through the last couple of walls. I now have all my lines back to at least my GGGrandparents. I do have a question. Maybe this thead should be moved to either the Essex or Middlesex forum. How do I make this happen? Thanks again for your help. Jim

Hello Jim
    This thread is now in the Middlesex forum as suggested by you.
    Only a Mod can move threads so a member does one of two things. Post on the thread that they would like it moved (and hope a Mod sees it) or send a private message to a Mod by clicking on their user name and choosing 'Private Message' (pm) from the drop down menu.
    Because I am contributing to this thread I receive email notification of any posts which is why I knew you had suggested it be moved. If I hadn't been contributing it would have been a matter of chance of me or another Mod reading the post.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Settling in

Hi Cristina, Haven't had any luck finding the marriage record for Edward Love b:1815 and Ann Ward b: 1814. All the kids birth certificates show their mothers maiden name as Ward. But I still think that Ward was her previously married name and that her maiden name may have been Stacey but would like to find the marriage record to Edward love to verify. I've done all the searches from 1837 on and have used all the various phonetic spellings with no luck. I afraid maybe the marriage was pre 1837. I also have her death certificate but it is no help. Any suggestions on how I can pursue this? Thanks for all your help. Jim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234