Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

Have just found the Kirk Hallam parish registers online and available to view at Family Search. There is definitely no baptism between 1785 and 1796 for an Isaac BEARDSLEY although there is a John & Elizabeth BEARDSLEY having children at Kirk Hallam in this period.

Janet

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Isaac BEARDSLEY
    Nottingham Review and General Advertiser for the Midland Counties 17 January 1834

Advert in the above paper Insolvent?

By Private contract Frame Smiths Tools belonging to Isaac BEARDSLEY who is declining the smithing business.......

Reputation beyond repute

Have just found the Kirk Hallam parish registers online and available to view at Family Search.
    Can you help me find them, please?

I can only see -

• Baptisms 1813-1901 (vol 4)
    • Burials 1726-1834
    • Burials 1813-1880 (vol 4)
    • Marriage banns 1851-1880
    • Marriages 1813-1837 (vol 4)
    • Marriages 1839-1880

https://www.oldilkeston.co.uk

The "Births & Baptisms" records include several non conformist chapels - but couldn't see "your" Isaac.

The wills find by Janet is so significant - and links well to the Beardsley families living at "Hunger Hill" on the '41 Census, so conveniently drawn together in the Census section.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Settling in

Thanks Peter
    I know that my Isaac was alive in 1861 because he was listed in the census living with Mary in Ockbrook.
    Thanks for all of your help.
    Chris

[On the 1800 baptism, did you see that an Isaac Beardsley was buried in Ilkeston on 13 April 1842 at the age of 42? Have you checked who this was?[/QUOTE]

Settling in

Thanks
    That is the death that I had for Isaac. As I said to Peter, Isaac was listed in the 1861 census living with Mary in Ockbrook.
    Regards
    Chris

Settling in

Thanks Janet
    Re the Edward and Ann with three children in Ilkeston, Isaac and Mary's children were Sarah, Thomas, Ann, Harriet, another Sarah, John, Elizabeth, Caroline, Edward, Hannah and Jane.
    Thanks
    Chris

Reputation beyond repute

I know that my Isaac was alive in 1861 because he was listed in the census living with Mary in Ockbrook.
    I wonder if you may have missed the point here. I wasn't suggesting that the 1842 burial was 'your' Isaac. Its significance is that the 1800 baptism is probably not your Isaac.

janbooth

I found the baptisms by a slightly circuitous route. I searched for any BEARDSLEY baptisms at Kirk Hallam between 1790 & 1800. Up popped a couple of BEARDSLEY baptisms namely a Sarah & John BEARDSLEY baptised 16 August 1795. However these two entries are transcripts and not the actual parish registers. However, scrolling down further these two baptisms appear, no details as to the parish in which they are baptised, but exactly the same in every detail and if you click on them, they show the parish register entry is available to view. Scroll back to page 328 and it shows that this is the parish register of Kirk Hallam Baptisms & Burials 1789-1801 and Marriages 1755-1801. The first baptism of a child of John & Elizabeth BEARDSLEY in this section of the register is a daughter Betty in April 1789 followed by a Thomas in October 1791. An Edward was baptised in February 1797 and a William in February 1799.

Janet

Reputation beyond repute

I found the baptisms by a slightly circuitous route
    No wonder I had trouble!

Thanks, Janet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12