Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks Janet, this is also my experience, I seem to have hit a brick wall, as to where the father of my GG came from, where he went and when he died. If he was living with his uncle Harcourt Howell, and there are a few clues, how did that come about and who was my GG mother?

janbooth

It might be worth buying a copy of Harcourt HOWELL's Will to see if there are any clues in that as to the parents of your Henry Benjamin. They don't appear to have any children, at least none are living with them on any census records, so if you are lucky his will may give you some information re his and his wife's families.

There is a baptism on Ancestry at St James Paddington on 29 June 1828 for a Henry son of Henry & Mary MATHEWS which is perhaps a possibility but I am not having any luck at all finding them in census records.

Janet

I've been wondering with all these clues, if the Mary Mathews with Harcourt Howell is the mother of Henry Benjamin Mathews my GG?
    There is the record that Harcourt married Mary. How would I check a birth in 1828, I believe official records didn't commence until 1837? I presumably need parish records for this date of birth.

How do you access these early records, 1801, 1806, they look very interesting?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

You could try subscription site ancestry/ FMP for the Parish records or the free site familysearch.org who have centres worldwide where you can order & view the films

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123