Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    ziksby

Default Mormon Immigration Index (EDITED 29/12/2005)

UPDATE MARCH 2007 see last paragraph**

I have a copy of this index on CD. It was of great use to me in my research as it contains information including transcripts of my ancestors letters as well as details of the Atlantic crossing and the trip up the Mississipi from New Orleans.
    The CD holds information about LDS immigration to the US between 1840-1890.
    Note: Mormon immigration ONLY

If you would like a lookup, just ask.

MORE ......
    There is an excellent set of records on the LDS website that lists most of the Pioneer wagon trains and handcart companies that made the journey west from Nauvoo, Illinois to Utah between 1847 and 1868.
    https://www.lds.org/churchhistory/lib...144%20,00.html
    Just enter your ancestor's name in the search box and if you're lucky you'll find him/her and their fellow travellers.

**If you had ancestors in Utah who died there between 1905 and 1955 the chances are their death certificate is online at https://historyresearch.utah.gov/guides/death.htm
    I've found dozens of certs. for my Mormon cousins with many links to parents, spouses, informants, addresses etc. Brilliant resource.
    Last edited by ziksby; 07-03-2007 at 2:03 PM.

Minnow

Default Immigration to USA

Do you have any info on a Robert Higbee and Caroline Amelia Higbee who emigrated from London to USA - early 1900's?
    Also any Bruckins?
    Regard
    Mary

ziksby

Default I have Higbee, but not those ....

Hi Mary
    Isaac Higbee sailed 1858 (returning Elder)
    John S Higbee sailed 1852 from Newcastle, a minister.
    M D Higbee sailed 1888 (returning missionary)

No Bruckins

The Index goes no further than 1890.

There are quite a few Higbee references in the LDS online library catalogue, which might give you a lead.

Nadine Harmon

Smile Immigration Look-up Please

I believe my Shaw family immigrated to Utah from England July 1879. Names are:
    Elias Shaw, Rebecca or Rebecka Shaw, children: Maud Shaw, Frederick Shaw and George Shaw. Thank you so much.
    Nadine

ziksby

Cannot find your family on the disk. There are 106 SHAWs on the CD covering the whole period 1840-1890. I'll send the list as an attachment direct to you. You may find a connection.

ziksby

Default A John Clark sailed on the Germanicus .. April 1854

I have found these 2 Clarks. They are listed as "family" on the registers, but the notes say that BMR persons did not always travel on the ship they had booked on for financial or other reasons (they probably went later)
    Did your Clarkes come from London? If so this may be them.

CLARK, Elizabeth British Mission Registers
    Note: BMR, p. 88
    CLARK, John <1831> Germanicus 1854
    Note: BMR, p.88

There are several personal accounts on the CD about other passengers which make interesting reading. If you think there is a connection, let me know and I'll send you the details direct (too long to put here)
    Last edited by ziksby; 01-11-2004 at 6:08 PM. Reason: Title correction

Brenda in Cyprus

Smile

Hi Ziksby
    I wonder if you can find John Willis b1828 in Stebbing Essex. He married Mary Ann Bloomfield in England & Anna Lena Jacobson in USA. He settled in Grantsville Utah in the 1870s
    Many thanks
    Brenda

ziksby

Hi Brenda

This could be them .....
    WILLIS, Mary Ann <1815> Hudson 1864
    WILLIS, John <1830> Hudson 1864
    Note: BMR, p. 99
    WILLIS, George <1853> Hudson 1864
    WILLIS, Joseph <1856> Hudson 1864

Sailing from London as a family in 1864 on the HUDSON with around 860 other Mormon emigrants. More info from other passenger's personal accounts if you want it. They crossed the Atlantic to New York, then up the Hudson river to Albany and then by train to Utah.

ziksby

OK Brenda

Will send it direct as its too long to post here.

Now sent ...... it ran to 45 pages .... happy reading
    Last edited by ziksby; 14-11-2004 at 6:27 PM.

Brenda from Essex

Default Mormon Immegration Index

Please could you help me to find out if my Gt. Grandmother travelled to Utah.

I have been told that she went with her two sisters around 1863. Her name was Tryphena Esther Keys and her sisters were Esther Tryphosa and Ann Rushen Keys. Their other sister Kezia went in 1866.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Brenda from Essex

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast