Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ziksby

Default More info ....

I see Phebe was just one of the eight wives of Phineas Young. They were married in the President's Office in Salt Lake City in November 1853, She was 23 and he was 54. She died in 1901.
    I mentioned that she travelled alone to Utah, but checking the passenger list, there were another 6 or 7 persons from Portsmouth, including a 7 year old orphan who died crossing the Atlantic. It was a very rough crossing.
    Best regards

AndyC

Default Mormon Emigration

Hi Ziksby

I am so grateful for your help with this, thank you. if I can ever return the favour then please let me know (although I doubt there's much I can help you with on the subject of genealogy).

If you have the time I'd love to read whatever else you have on the voyage. As for why she went well i think you've answered that for me too. She was obviously a member of Church of The LSD and emigrated to follow her religion; I wonder what his many brothers and sisters thought?

Anyway, once again I really appreciate what you've done for me.

Best regards

Andy Clark

Batty

Dear Ziksby, thanks for the info and yes John was born in London and they were married in London although Elizabeth originally came from Ireland. I would be interested in reading about the other passengers.
    Thanks again
    Batty

ziksby

Default John and Elizabeth Clark's Voyage to America

Hi Batty

Have sent to you direct as the file of personal accounts of the voyage runs to 20 pages.

Regards

RobertMuzeen

Default Muzeen Family

Quote Originally Posted by ziksby
    I have a copy of this index on CD. It was of great use to me in my research as it contains information including transcripts of my ancestors letters as well as details of the Atlantic crossing and the trip up the Mississipi from New Orleans.
    The CD holds information about LDS immigration to the US between 1840-1890.
    Note: Mormon immigration ONLY

If you would like a lookup, just ask.
    Thanks for the offer of a look up.
    Do you have any references to the MUZEEN family?

regards
    Robert Muzeen

ziksby

Default Muzeen

Hi Robert
    Sorry ... Nothing for MUZEEN .... keep searching
    Regards

idah2oan

Default Immigration Index

Dear Ziksby:

May I request a lookup for the Aaron Richardson family from Plumley, Cheshire? I believe they (Arron John, wife Sarah and 8-10 of their children) left with an LDS group in 1840.

Thank you in advance.

Dick in Idaho

ziksby

Default Found Aaron

Hi Dick
    I've located Aaron and also Moses (brother?) and will send the details off list.
    Happy New Year and best regards.

Sandra Parker

Wink Oliver Hargreaves Buckley

Could you please do a look up for Oliver Hargreaves Buckley? He was born in Norton in the Moors, Staffordshire, England, 18th October 1874. He probably married a Flora Alice Chisler in the US. He is believed to have emigrated from England around 1894, although I have a possible passport application for him in 1892.
    Thank you so much for offering your time and effort to help others in their quests.

ziksby

Default No luck ....

Hi Sandra

No luck with your Oliver on the CD index. Mainly because the index only covers the years 1840 - 1890 and is restricted to Mormon Immigrants (though there are a few non-mormons on some passenger lists)
    I did a quick check of some other online passenger lists, but no luck ... sorry.
    Keep smiling and searching.
    Regards

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast