Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default James Forbes Gill

I am researching my wife's ancestor. He considered himself Scottish was in the police force in station F Barbados in the late 1890's and married a local girl, Elisabeth Ann Coward. He then moved to Trinidad around 1901 and managed a plantation in Arima. Trinidad is very hard to research as no records online. We have his marriage in Barbados and first two children there. I would like to find his parents who may have been Scots relocated to Barbados.

Do you know how old he was? Roughly when would he have been born?

Famous for offering help & advice

3 children ? Evelina, Bessie and Oscar ?

James married Elizabeth on 11 December 1881, St. Joseph, Barbados

He was born 1890 26 Mar 1890 in Princes Town Trinidad. we know this so far:
    Duke of York Royal Military School

Royal Hibernian Military School

Queen Victoria School

3rd Batallion Trinidad Light Infantry

619 BWI

Acting Sergeant

439 Trinidad

the best date we have is 1855 his wife was born 1856.

This is his marriage certificate

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrjohnson View Post
    He was born 1890 26 Mar 1890 in Princes Town Trinidad. we know this so far:
    Duke of York Royal Military School

Royal Hibernian Military School

Queen Victoria School

3rd Batallion Trinidad Light Infantry

619 BWI

Acting Sergeant

439 Trinidad
    I suppose this belongs on the Paul Oliver Gajadhar thread

Default searching for my ancestors

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrjohnson View Post
    I am researching my wife's ancestor. He considered himself Scottish was in the police force in station F Barbados in the late 1890's and married a local girl, Elisabeth Ann Coward. He then moved to Trinidad around 1901 and managed a plantation in Arima. Trinidad is very hard to research as no records online. We have his marriage in Barbados and first two children there. I would like to find his parents who may have been Scots relocated to Barbados.
    Hi,

I found out these are my great,great grandparents...my grandfather is the 1st cousin to Audrey Jeffers, and he is the son of Maiden Gill. My great grandfather was Arnold Atilbert Jeffers (but the last name was changed in the 1940's to Jefferson). He was married to Maiden Gill, and I am trying to find more information on my ancestors and I run in to a dead end trying to find records in Trinidad and Tabago.

Default what we know

Quote Originally Posted by bluelovegoddess View Post
    Hi,

I found out these are my great,great grandparents...my grandfather is the 1st cousin to Audrey Jeffers, and he is the son of Maiden Gill. My great grandfather was Arnold Atilbert Jeffers (but the last name was changed in the 1940's to Jefferson). He was married to Maiden Gill, and I am trying to find more information on my ancestors and I run in to a dead end trying to find records in Trinidad and Tabago.
    OK our own research has the following
    Maiden Gill married Arnold Nolly Jefferson not sure when she was 1889 - 1995
    5 children
    Lennox, Errol, Aldrich and Gladys Beryl
    Errol married Ena and one of their children had a daughter who is living in New York
    If you have any other information or even just dates for your family and names I will fill in. Arnold Atilbert may be also the father of the daughter living in New York but if so we do not have his dates or his wifes name or it may be that you are descended via Lennox, Aldrich or Gladys
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 05-01-2020 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Name of potential living person deleted in accordance with our T&Cs.

correction 4 children, also I suppose Arnold Nolly Jefferson is in fact Arnold Atilbert Jeffers maybe Nolly is a nickname. Please help I am quite happy to give you access to our family tree so far. Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast