Default William Stephenson 1818-1887

Hi I am looking for the parents of William Stephenson born 1818 in Durham, England, died 1887 Pelton Fell. He was a miner, married Ann Hunter in 1843, and had the following children: William J, Andrew, Mary Jane, Susannah, Ann, and Hannah. I know Ann's parents were Andrew and Ann but I am completely stuck on who William's parents were or if he had any siblings. Can anyone please help?

Reputation beyond repute

born 1818 in Durham, England
    Well, County Durham. The 1851 census says Urpeth, the 1861 says Chester-le-Street and the 1871 Urpeth again. Not an area I'm familiar with but the parish for Urpeth may well have been Chester-le-Street. Don't know about chapelries. Perhaps someone with local knowledge will advise.

I know it's very confusing! I know they liked to use the same names over and over so I was hoping that would be a clue but I have nothing so far and have been stuck for weeks. Thank you for your response, have a great day

FreeReg has a baptism for a
    William Stephenson, bap 26 Apr 1818, abode Urpeth, church St Mary & St Cuthbert, father Edward, pitman, mother Jane.

Urpeth fell within the Registration District Chester le Street from 1837 to 1938.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Thank you so much! I did see that information also but I wasn't sure since I have no record of any others named Edward. I just sorted through 5 generations of James' on the other (Stephenson) side of my tree so maybe I was just assuming this side would repeat the names through generations too. Jane would fit though since William and Ann had a daughter, Mary Jane (Cummings). Again thank you, especially for taking the time to respond. Have a great day

There's a marriage registration for William Stephenson, Durham, Jun Qtr 1843, 24 74 -Ann Hunter on the same page.

The marriage certificate may include the names of the happy couple's fathers and their occupations - but there's no guarantee this information will be present (eg. deceased, illegitimacy). But obtaining the marriage cert. is normally part of any working back.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

There's info on Chester le Street on the GENUKI site HERE. It's always a good place to go if you want to know about a place in the UK.