sulee

Default Ontario Birth Records

Hi.. Does anyone know if all births in 1918 are recorded on "A"? I'm looking for Ella Wade daughter of John and Nora but not having any luck.

Hi
    The Ontario, Canada Births data base only covers 1869 to 1913
    "This database is an index to over 2 million births that were registered in Ontario between 1869 and 1913. "

Edited to add: ancestry also has the Ontario, Canada, Catholic Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1802-1967
    "Most of the records in this collection include baptisms, marriages, and burials. However, several other types of church records are also included. These records may be confirmations, dispensations, censuses, indexes, statements of readmission to the church, etc." The majority of the records are written in French, but some are written in English, Latin, or Italian
    The Drouin Collection on ancestry only contains records from Ontario.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Reading this article about the holdings at the Archives of Ontario it would seem that birth registrations for 1918 won't be generally available until 2023. https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.do

From what I can understand you can apply for a birth certificate which isn't your own but you have to supply a death certificate.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

sulee

Thank you both for your help. At least now I know that I don't have to continue searching for something that won't be on there!

gary.s

Using the info provided, restricting the search to Ontario, Family Search did not come up with much.
    When I opened the search up to all of Canada there is an Ella Wade death in 1980 in Calgary. The paperwork doesn't say if the Wade surname is maiden or married,

Gary.