Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brock

Thank you all so much for your help ~ you have certainly put me on the right tracks.

Famous for offering help & advice gortonboy's Avatar

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by gortonboy View Post
    That's Catholic parish registers. They may have got married in a register office or a non-Catholic church.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    That's Catholic parish registers. They may have got married in a register office or a non-Catholic church.

Pam
    What a wonderful website. I have checked it out & you are right, the entry isn't there.
    Having followed the earlier advice I have now been able to place an internet order for the marriage certificate so hopefully I shall soon know in which church the marriage took place, presumably not the Catholic one in Cappagh.

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Brock

I'm not sure where you have ordered your cert from, and my suggestion is obviously a bit late - however - BMD records for NI went online a year or so back on the GRONI website.

You buy a few credits and then can download transcriptions of different levels of detail or images . No of credits depends on the level you choose.

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk ( same site that Pam mentioned in an earlier post for ordering certs but this way is cheaper).

Just another option for future reference.

Brock

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    Hi Brock

I'm not sure where you have ordered your cert from, and my suggestion is obviously a bit late - however - BMD records for NI went online a year or so back on the GRONI website.

You buy a few credits and then can download transcriptions of different levels of detail or images . No of credits depends on the level you choose.

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk ( same site that Pam mentioned in an earlier post for ordering certs but this way is cheaper).

Just another option for future reference.
    I heeded the good advice which I received during yesterday & it was that same website which I used to order the certificate from. You make a very good point which is good to bring to people's attentions though cos there are other sites offering certificate applications which charge extremely high prices so it's good to make folk aware of having to look out for the governmental site with the cheapest price. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12